• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI is out, it looks good for both sides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey the only real winners here are the 1650 SWA CPs that are untouched...Our CEOs decided to play loose and easy with our careers when they decided to merge/Acquire (whatever)...our NC/MCs dominated by FOs worked hard for this agreement...they listened to SWA Leadership and the lawyers and decided this was the fairest, least risk way forward...I will just say that it is a bitter pill for this 10+ year FO to have 851 retention slots ahead of me going forward in this uncertain economic times...but we will all have our cross to bear (except the untouched 1650 lucky SWA CPS who I hope appreciate how incredibly lucky they were to get hired at SWA back in the day)....another thing to remember is that Mr Kelly may not be done acquiring airlines and we will set a precedent with this deal...

Wonder if the AAI guys can get language protecting us in the "next" acquisition...

Would really suck to lose seniority here and then lose some more later!

If I was told correctly then the quickest way to attempt to get things fixed while at the same time avoiding the arbitrator is for a quick rejection and not send it out for a vote.

Then they try one last time to fix things.

+1
Put me down for that.

I would happily trade seat protection (I'm an FO) and ATL fence time (could prob. hold it anyway) for a more reasonable SLI. This whole deal could be much better for both sides. My guess is that GK doesn't want the seat protection gone though as that would cost mucho $$$. However, having a 10-12% seniority increase for the SW fo's is pretty useless if they can't use it. A fair SLI means no protections needed but your NC is going to have to move closer to DOH for those to go away.

Last edited:
Yet history proves otherwise. Your accusation SWA has a chance to fail is baseless. The reality is, IF SWA fails or falters, everyone else would have already failed.

Same could be said about Eastern and Pan AM in the 70s and early 80s. Think about it.

Here is my solution.....take all fo's with 4 years or less off the list....they don't count...in a real union they would still be apprentices...take the lucky 1656 and make them the lucky 1200, take everyone who was within 8.5% of upgrade and stir them together as a group. Put all airtran fo's who are above the 4 year mark but below the 8.5% group next. All swa fo' s who are above 4 but not 8.5% next...Now, we have the top group...we ratio the 4 and below group. They are the bottom. Next come the "above 4 below 8.5%" crowd. Plain DOH for all of them. The 8.5% next. They ratio but for the next 5 years only original swa get the upgrade. Next come the bottom 12.5% of both captains...ratio 1 airtran 6 swa but swa gets 5 years of "super seniority" for base and vacation. Next, take everyone left and ratio with a % gain for age.........try it you'll like it....but for the love of god would all you swatrans get it done and done now....

I don't care what you guys do but for the love of God do it quick. It's getting REAL old listening to all you SWA and AT guys b1tch in every hotel van, hotel lobby and hotel bar....

Latest resources

Back