• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI is out, it looks good for both sides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If he was talking about the people that were STAPLED it would make more sense. Jr. Captains and Sr. FO's may not have gotten a fair integration but they were not stapled. Thus the STAPLE REMOVER.

If he was talking about the people that were STAPLED it would make more sense. Jr. Captains and Sr. FO's may not have gotten a fair integration but they were not stapled. Thus the STAPLE REMOVER.
Speak for yourself. I consider myself a senior F/O (#7 in my domicile, 2 years from upgrade), and I got stapled. Just barely missed the cutoff, and now part of "Club Swingline 649".

I still found it amusing... if you can't laugh at yourself or the situations you find yourself in throughout life, it's pretty hard to be happy.

Actually, what many of us Captains got was stapled to the bottom of the SWA CA list, minus some years as SWA pilots upgrade.

In about 4 years, I will have risen to the bottom of the CA list.

Currently at 29% . . . . will go to 61% . . . . ouch.

DOH with no protection at all would have probably kept me in my seat after everything shook out, or within a few months of it. Or I could have chosen to downgrade to senior FO . . . . now, I can't even do that, because after losing 4 years, I would be a junior FO.

Lear,

I couldn't imagine being the Number One Airtran FO and watch the money that the guy one number senior to you will be making. What heartache. Crazy.

RF

Lear,

I couldn't imagine being the Number One Airtran FO and watch the money that the guy one number senior to you will be making. What heartache. Crazy.

RF
Want to REALLY see smoke fly? Listen while the guy who missed the last upgrade by 1 number tells you about the part of the agreement which doesn't even give us our OWN measly 10-15 CA attrition places per year for the next 9 years.

He missed it by ONE number, will watch 717 CA seats vacated by retirements get replaced with SWA Captains (or SWA F/O's), and will get to fly as the #1 F/O with your F/O's who upgrade to CA ahead of him... for 9 years.

That means as an F/O he'll be flying with SWA Captains who are junior to him by Date of Hire. Just like your F/O's will have to do with our CA's now. In other words, in a few years, it'll just be reversed...

Like I said, your guys are P.O.'d and I understand why, but a lot of our guys are just as incensed, and for just as valid of reasons.

So I gotta ask... is ANYONE out there happy with the way this went down? Because if everyone is P.O.'d... well, you know what that's supposed to mean.

Your #1 FO can take comfort knowing he keeps his #1 bidding power AND got Airtran captain pay!

He didn't do too badly but I'll freely admit that if I were him I'd be beyond pissed.

Gup

That's probably the one up-side.

He'll be #1, can bid whatever the heck he wants, probably easily drop/swap and play with premium time, and make 150 TFP with weekends and holidays off and still retain 19 days off a month while the upgraded SWA F/O he's flying with is on reserve, makes 85/87/89 TFP if he doesn't want to kill his days off, and probably takes home the same amount of money (or maybe even a little less) with a much decreased quality of life than our #1 guy has.

Gotta look at the bright side...

This is all acting on the SWA side. They have to play this down. It is soo bad here at AAI. We r the only ones with a smoking gun to our heads. And u know what...........................................................the feking US Congress said that is not allowed beoitches.

Gup this is not about AAI verse SWA pay.

It is about SWA junior reserve captain pay verse SWA senior FO pay.

And the disperatity between companies payrates is fleeting. Here today gone tomorrow.... but here today ;) It's a nice..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j9QeUoPOi4&feature=related

Last edited:
And not one WN bro can utilize that "bump" until 2020!

This ought to pass Airtran with 99%! I'd say 100% but I know Kwick aint gonna be happy.

Gup

The smart money says this is not going to pass at AT assuming the MEC doesn't kill it first.

Latest resources

Back