• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLC to ATL Transition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The next thing to come out of Queen Tutt's mouth is, " we were going to open a base at LAX, but we weren't competetive enough to beat out, well, ourselves. So we are going to take away the base we haven't given to you and give it to, uh..........! If we were just more competive in our crew rates, then we could just be competetive with, uh, ourselves! Hold on, let me get some more charts and other ********************e to show this on paper. Sorry, can't really break any of these figures down to show you, you'll just have to take our word on this one!"

Dick

LAMESAUCE said:
...when in the long run, isn't SkyWest Inc. losing money in the long run, taking qualified pilots and their planes and giving them to someone who has to train more pilots, when the displaced pilots are now sitting doing nothing (potentially)? Seems like SkyWest Inc isn't looking at the whole picture. Then again, what I've just said is way above my paygrade so....

But you see, in the airline industry, busting unions is more important than making money. I'm only half joking...

i guess you could ask yourself what would jimmy hoffa do ?

I looked at the displacement also... No one is being booted back to the 50.
Two thoughts
1. It will take a while for skywest to get all the pilots so it will be a slow transfer.
or
2. This is a management sham at contract time.

I know skywest is hiring 40 or so a month and ASA isn't. That is my take.

LAMESAUCE said:
i guess you could ask yourself what would jimmy hoffa do ?

Or "What would Jimmy Buffett do"?

Richard Gozinya said:
Screw all that, what would Ted Nugent do?

I see something along the lines of Charlie, Scott, and Bryan running from the crew lounge trailed by a hail of gunfire and flaming arrows.

Richard Gozinya said:
The next thing to come out of Queen Tutt's mouth is, " we were going to open a base at LAX, but we weren't competetive enough to beat out, well, ourselves. So we are going to take away the base we haven't given to you and give it to, uh..........! If we were just more competive in our crew rates, then we could just be competetive with, uh, ourselves! Hold on, let me get some more charts and other ********************e to show this on paper. Sorry, can't really break any of these figures down to show you, you'll just have to take our word on this one!"

Dick

VERY FUNNY (because it is TRUE!)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back