SLC to ATL Transition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
7KCAB said:
This guy is unbelievable. Never thought I'd put someone on the ignore list, but this guy has got to go. I agree that he contributes NOTHING productive to ANY of these threads.

You people just don't like what I have to say. The fact that you people get so unhinged shows mw that you know what I'm saying is true.

This message is hidden because SuperKooter is on your ignore list.</SPAN>

BTW, are you challenging me with that avatar, 79%N1?

Last year you might have been successful but you ain't got no chance this time around!

Base closing...

I understand the frustration of having to move or commute. But everytime I've interviewed for an airline job I've been asked whether I'd be willing to work weekends, holidays, and in the location of the companies choosing. And more than once I've had to commute multiple legs to work. Yes, it sucks.

Just wondering why all the anger towards management when I suspect you agreed to this when you were hired?

It's really not unusual in many private and public sectors to be reqired to move every few years. Possibly you all are just venting; and that's fine. But really, didn't ASA warn you of this when you were hired?

:rolleyes:Ben, it is ONE thing to close a job site etc. It is QUITE ANOTHER to close the "Most Productive Ones" and continue to THROW MONEY out the window like this mgmnt does. This pilot group has ZERO faith in this mgmnt! JA better wake up or his little project is going to go by the wayside and he will lose a TREMENDOUS amount of money!!

shamrock said:
This message is hidden because SuperKooter is on your ignore list.</SPAN>

BTW, are you challenging me with that avatar, 79%N1?

Last year you might have been successful but you ain't got no chance this time around!

I thought you might like that! I like your boy, Basso, but still rootin for Disco!

Ben Dover said:
I understand the frustration of having to move or commute. But everytime I've interviewed for an airline job I've been asked whether I'd be willing to work weekends, holidays, and in the location of the companies choosing. And more than once I've had to commute multiple legs to work. Yes, it sucks.

Just wondering why all the anger towards management when I suspect you agreed to this when you were hired?

It's really not unusual in many private and public sectors to be reqired to move every few years. Possibly you all are just venting; and that's fine. But really, didn't ASA warn you of this when you were hired?

The problem I see is like mentioned above, two base closures within 2 years. Now explain to your spouse that he/she needs to find another job as well. Also, how do you think your kids are going to feel when you tell them they are moving to their 3rd school in 2 years? Packing up and selling another home is a chore in itself. What else am I missing?

...when in the long run, isn't SkyWest Inc. losing money in the long run, taking qualified pilots and their planes and giving them to someone who has to train more pilots, when the displaced pilots are now sitting doing nothing (potentially)? Seems like SkyWest Inc isn't looking at the whole picture. Then again, what I've just said is way above my paygrade so....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back