• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLC, The longest ATIS in the country, Thanks COMAIR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Comair: ready to taxi, Ramp: Comair, do you know where spot 22 is? CMR: Yes. Ramp: Ok, Taxi to 22. Ramp: Umm, Comair, that is not spot 22, do you know where Spot 22 is? CMR: Un, ya. Ramp: OK, go to spot 22. Ramp: Comair, you are getting further away from spot 22, do you have a 10-9 chart? CMR: Yes. Ramp; USE IT. Ramp again: just stop comair and contact ground 133.65"

I don't know what charts the Mormons issue you guys but the few times I've been to SLC the spots referred to don't even remotely resemble anything on any chart I have. That place is a clusterfukc.

I'm not bragging about CVG either. You could talk to three different ramp controllers just trying to get to your gate. Also, why are we the only airline that calls ops "exceptions". I know why, but it's still stupid.

Last edited:
The Comair reference was from an incident that occurred 2-3 years ago when a Comair crew turned east at night right after takeoff(very big mountains for those that haven't been here). Freaked out the controller and hence, we here that it is a radar vector departure ever since. I do feel it is time to let that go, put it in bold on the SID plate and let Darwin take over. While we are at it, lets add the maintain 250 kts to the DP as well and save a whole lot of friggen time getting clearances.

OK, why does JFK tell you "In the interest of noise abatement please use the assigned runway."? What runway would you use other than the one they assign you?

dmbmarkt said:
OK, why does JFK tell you "In the interest of noise abatement please use the assigned runway."? What runway would you use other than the one they assign you?

Haven't you ever had to ask for some runway other than the one they first give you?

Caveman said:
I don't know what charts the Mormons issue you guys but the few times I've been to SLC the spots referred to don't even remotely resemble anything on any chart I have. That place is a clusterfukc.

I've been doing SLC turns for the last 3 weeks and the Taxi spots are right on the money with our Jepps.

what about RWY 18/36 being closed at ORD. it's onnly been that way for a long time.

CitationLover said:
what about RWY 18/36 being closed at ORD. it's onnly been that way for a long time.

This it true. I'm tired of hearing that myself. Maybe people still try to line up on it or something.

Latest resources

Back