SLC, The longest ATIS in the country, Thanks COMAIR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Juniorspanked

Thanks for flying the lost comm procedure for the Salt Lake 8. Now I get to hear that the Salt Lake 8 is a radar vector depature only 4 times a day.

Reserve sucks doesn't it ?

Sna

oh christ you haven't heard long till you hear Orange County!

Is it really nessasary to state the clearance freq, ground freq, and that you need to read back hold short instructions?

You know what I think. I think Juniorspanked knows better and this is just flamebait, but I'll respond anyway. I'm not with Comair so I have no bias here, but the reason for the ATIS reminder that the SLC 9 is a radar vector, is because for some reason, Aero Mexico pilots think that they can just take off and head on course. The've done it more then once and finally an Aero Mexico plane came close to putting one in the side of the mountain about a year ago. This is nothing new. It's been on the ATIS for a long time. Probably 99.9999% of aircraft of given the SLC9 departure. It's just runway heading, vectors on course. Hey, Juniorspanked, aren't you tired of listening to the other things that repeated on ATIS's at every airport. If you're so petty, maybe you should go find another career!

501261 said:
oh christ you haven't heard long till you hear Orange County!

Is it really nessasary to state the clearance freq, ground freq, and that you need to read back hold short instructions?

I'm with ya on that one.

Comair: ready to taxi, Ramp: Comair, do you know where spot 22 is? CMR: Yes. Ramp: Ok, Taxi to 22. Ramp: Umm, Comair, that is not spot 22, do you know where Spot 22 is? CMR: Un, ya. Ramp: OK, go to spot 22. Ramp: Comair, you are getting further away from spot 22, do you have a 10-9 chart? CMR: Yes. Ramp; USE IT. Ramp again: just stop comair and contact ground 133.65

Pay for training, What wisdom you have gotton. But I know how we (Skywest) are bring the airline pay down.

Comair hasn't been in SLC for the last 4 months plus. So as a comair pilot that filed his SLC Jepps a long time ago, please tell me how this is our fault??????????????????

Aww fer cripes sake! How about you slc dudes go operate out of cvg for awhile. See if you don't foul up somehow, then throw your stones. I have heard more than one OO crew flub it up at ORD. Come to think of it, there is not one airline I have not heard screw up and get yelled at. Find some other way to feel superior. You come off like a petty ass.

Latest resources

Back