• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLC-PIT in CRJ-900

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, no way could they fill a MD-80 between SLC and PIT. Wake up. Maybe next we will all fly the CRJ 1000, then the 1200, then the overseas 15000. This airplane is the elephant in the room, that noone wants to talk about.

Yeah, no way could they fill a MD-80 between SLC and PIT. Wake up. Maybe next we will all fly the CRJ 1000, then the 1200, then the overseas 15000. This airplane is the elephant in the room, that noone wants to talk about.

Funny!

Well the fact is they couldn't, not on a regular basis. Nor Toronto, nor Detroit, nor San Antonio...

Isn't an RJ a replacement jet? So it replaces an MD-88, whats the problem, a CRJ900 is a fine airplane to finish out your career in, right?

hmmm can anybody say fuel stop when the winter winds kick in and an alternate is needed? I haven't flown the 900 yet but I wouldn't be suprised if there were fuel stops when the winds are strong and crap weather in SLC. Im sure the passengers will love that!

Or they will just bump pax and take extra fuel. I recall one time on a PHX-YEG we did a stop in GEG for fuel. Were able to take all pax, that was the exception, not the rule though. Most times in the winter on those flights the max we could take was around 75 pax and 70 bags.

And since the SKYW CRJ900 will only have 76 seats, that could allow maybe an additional 2500# of fuel. Just guessing here....

Last edited:
Or they will just bump pax and take extra fuel. I recall one time on a PHX-YEG we did a stop in GEG for fuel. Were able to take all pax, that was the exception, not the rule though. Most times in the winter on those flights the max we could take was around 75 pax and 70 bags.

And the SkyWest 900's are only going to be equipped to 76 seats...currently only 70 seats.

I did dispatch a YYZ-SLC flight a few weeks ago that we fuel stopped due to enroute winds and SLC needed an alternate. The problem wasnt the weight, it was the aircraft exceeded max tank capacity. No more fuel could be put on. I think SkyWest will "fuel' stop these flights as often as needed to avoid leaving a lot of people behind.

I know we "fuel" stop ORD-YEG in the -700 from time to time also.

And the SkyWest 900's are only going to be equipped to 76 seats...currently only 70 seats.

I did dispatch a YYZ-SLC flight a few weeks ago that we fuel stopped due to enroute winds and SLC needed an alternate. The problem wasnt the weight, it was the aircraft exceeded max tank capacity. No more fuel could be put on. I think SkyWest will "fuel' stop these flights as often as needed to avoid leaving a lot of people behind.

I know we "fuel" stop ORD-YEG in the -700 from time to time also.

The stupidest thing I've ever heard of, I know you have to do it, we've done it at ASA from DFW to the west coast b/4 and so has Jetblue on a trans con, but still not fair to the pax. We are after all about customer service. Maybe if you can't sell a full plane then you shouldn't in the winter.

20 less people and 20 less bags. Thats 4500 lbs of extra gas. Fill 'er up. He11, thats alot of leg room, just add a bladder and go all the way to PHL, that'll show 'em. Even US Airways can't compete with the Skywest pay rates!!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back