SL6 Passes....-800 Approved by SWAPA pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA did ATA the same way!

Time will tell and I am willing to wait. SWA will indirectly announce furloughs in the next two years.

SWA will disguise the furloughing under the Air Tran brand as slight of hand. The current total of 682 SWA/AAI aircraft will be less in two years. How much less? 10% or greater.

And none of those 3400+ SWA pilots who so proudly voted yes will be effected. Air Tran will be cut. -800's will replace profitable AAI slot controlled departures. And SWA will furlough Trannie pilots as needed.

SWA used the exact same tactic on ATA. And SWA has even more reason to do it now. SWA has 2500 pissed off FO's who will enjoy the Trannie pilots misery.

Gary needs a blood bath to keep the home team happy and he is manufacturing the next one right now. -800 are just one ingredient among many needed.

Last edited:
SWA used the exact same tactic on ATA. And SWA has even more reason to do it now. SWA has 2500 pissed off SWA FO's who will enjoy the Trannie pilots misery.

Minor detail, SWA wasn't looking to acquire aircraft, personnel, and routes as we are with AT. SWA wanted gates/slots of ATA when they went under. No illusion was made that personnel would be acquired in the first place.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Jealous much?

I find it kind of funny that on many posts your co-workers allude to the fact that if Airtran guys "push to hard" during SLI then we might end up on the street, but when this guys says basically the same thing everybody jumps on him as totally wrong.

Last edited:
I find it kind of funny that on many posts your co-workers allude to the fact that if Airtran guys "push to hard" during SLI then we might end up on the street, but when this guys says basically the same thing everybody jumps on him as totally wrong.

No, I'm pointing out that he has no idea what went on with the ATA deal. That was set up nothing like this one. With ATA, we basically bought assets from a company that folded up their tent, never intending to merge the operations or acquire all the assets. Whereas with AAI I believe there is every intention for it to be a merger of operations, sooner rather than later. If you'll re-read all my posts, I have never alluded to anything other than that. As far as other SWA guys doing so, they are drawing on the distant past with Muse/TranStar; the environment has changed, however. Can that type of thing still happen? Maybe, but I truly don't believe our management intends anything of the sort or would take those steps except under the most extreme of circumstances. And I don't think we will get anywhere close to those circumstances because I believe that both groups will approach this with reasonable expectations and will work things out. Got it? See ya on the other side.

Fraternally,
PapaWoody

PS And if you read all of LTHAJ aka The Brain's posts, he obviously has an axe to grind against his sub-par life, and truly adheres to the philosophy of "misery loves company". Which is why I said "Jealous much?"

Last edited:
No, I'm pointing out that he has no idea what went on with the ATA deal. That was set up nothing like this one. With ATA, we basically bought assets from a company that folded up their tent, never intending to merge the operations or acquire all the assets. Whereas with AAI I believe there is every intention for it to be a merger of operations, sooner rather than later. If you'll re-read all my posts, I have never alluded to anything other than that. As far as other SWA guys doing so, they are drawing on the distant past with Muse/TranStar; the environment has changed, however. Can that type of thing still happen? Maybe, but I truly don't believe our management intends anything of the sort or would take those steps except under the most extreme of circumstances. And I don't think we will get anywhere close to those circumstances because I believe that both groups will approach this with reasonable expectations and will work things out. Got it? See ya on the other side.

Fraternally,
PapaWoody

PS And if you read all of LTHAJ aka The Brain's posts, he obviously has an axe to grind against his sub-par life, and truly adheres to the philosophy of "misery loves company". Which is why I said "Jealous much?"

I agree with everything that Papa has said. The two will be one, and I will get free drinks from Dicko, TY, and Lear. I guess it will be a whole new company, so I will put my self on probation and reap the benefits again. Yessssss!lol

Latest resources

Back