Skywest. . . .

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dispatcher121 said:
My dispatch friend(s) from OO (SkyWest) confirmed that they are looking at the DH8D. The reason being, the Barzilia's are payload restricted now due to new FAA pax weights (can no longer take a full boat)and they are looking for better payload, performance, and range. He wasn't sure if/when this will be a "fer sher" thing!

Hope that helps!
They've were kicking the de Havilland around when I was working for them in 1997. My money is on the 328Jet.

Thanks for all your reply's. And BRO is just the Brasilla. I am also just wondering for all of you that got called for a jet class that were in the brasilla pool, what were your times like?

Thanks

Hey,
Bro is the slang that the EMB-120 "Paddlejet" drivers use!
PBR

Don't forget "Brazilian King Air"

Just remember...

Props are for boats, Jets are for hot tubs...nuff said.

Also, just got back from class in SLC, and I have to report...nothing, nada, zilch. I tried guys, to get some good info from the instructors, but none would budge. The only good thing was that there was a class of 25 rj newhires starting next monday, and they told us that the sept 1 class would have 25 more newhires in it as well (RJ). (bad news was that only 5 upgrades would be in the class.) I couldn't get anything about EMB classes or about the Dash 8400 rumor. One instructor just looked at me and laughed, "nice try, but I know less that you." Riiiiiiighhtt. sorry, wish I had more to tell ya'll...

the only other thing is that scheduling is jr manning like crazy on botht the rj and emb with flights being cancelled, especially inthe cali emb system b/c of a lack of crews.

Mookie

Mookie said:
One instructor just looked at me and laughed, "nice try, but I know less that you." Riiiiiiighhtt. sorry, wish I had more to tell ya'll...
I heard that the training department had info on the 70-seat RJ almost a year before the official announcement. Maybe they're not training any more Bro crews because there's actually some truth to the Q400 rumors. Probably just wishful thinking...

That sure seems like a lot of RJ newhires. Aren't there more Bro FOs than that with transition bids in that are off seatlock?

I actually looked at the brofo bid list, hey i was bored, and it looks like most of the guys who have their bid in don't want to go to ORD/DEN/Cos and are holding out for the more senior i.e. california, rj bases. the other guys who are little more flexible are seatlocked for a while. I guess their timing just sucked a little. They did tell us that the 70's will go to either DEN or Cos, so look for those bases to expand a bit.

I hope you're right about the D8400, that thing is schweet, although under our current agreement, we'll fly it for the same rate as the emb.

Oh yeah, and I just got called for the fourth time this month to pick up open time!!!
Mookie

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back