• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Eldorado

slowly drowning. .
Hey everyone,

What is latest inside scoop from Skywest? I am in the pool for the BRO. I am hearing from my some of my friends that there has been a Q400 sitting on the ramp that skywest is looking for. Does this mean that I may be waiting in the pool for a Very Very long time. Has anyone heard when the next EMB class will be? Which airplane do you think would be better to go into regarding upgrade times? Although I understand you dont get the choice. And for my last question, I currently work for a company getting turbine PIC time, with the chance to move into an older Jet with no glass. The pay would be much better, but I am not sure about the QOL being on call 24/7. . . If anyone has any answers to these questions, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks for your time!

Dh8d

My dispatch friend(s) from OO (SkyWest) confirmed that they are looking at the DH8D. The reason being, the Barzilia's are payload restricted now due to new FAA pax weights (can no longer take a full boat)and they are looking for better payload, performance, and range. He wasn't sure if/when this will be a "fer sher" thing!

Hope that helps!

i interview april 22 and was slotted for the bro. i recieved a call for a grondschool last week that is starting aug 2 for the rj. im not sure wen u interviewed so i hope i didnt just make you mad. but overall it should be good news, they might start bringing people from the bor to the rj. im not sure.

cheers and good luck!!

also my last job was unscheduled 135, i was on the cell phone 24/7 and was required to be wheels up from time of call in 30mins!! all i could do all day was sit on my arsh and wait for the phone to ring, and once it did it was off to the races. yeah i was making good money geting twin turbine pic but i was sick of it and opted for what will hopefully be a better life. we shall see LOL. but that was my decision i have a high value on my qualitly of life.

again good luck to u!!

Does anyone know the times they are looking for to switch from the BRO to the JEt? It seems like its kind of a random selection.

The whole Q400 thing has not been confirmed by anyone in management. I wouldnt get your hopes up to high on this one. As far as Bro classes go, I heard end of the summer. Id call and request the jet - cant hurt to ask. Classes every month. Good luck. Its a great company. Welcome aboard.

The Q400 has been doing a whirlwind tour it seems. We looked at it too. Doesn't mean we are getting it though...

If your in the pool, then you should have received an email from Camielle about a week or so ago stating what was going to happen. If you didn't get the email I'd suggest you send her an email telling her that. I think she mentioned she would be going through files and letting some people know if they would be switched to the RJ. As far as ground school, they said end of summer/early fall. I don't know if that means August or September. I'm assuming late september early October.

And the Q400 thing has been talked about lately on the company forums but nothing official. I"m sure management has the right idea and is well aware of what that aircraft can do. I'm sure if it was a good option for the company they would opt to go for it. And since they're not going for it, there must be a reason. They don't have $455 million in cash reserve for nothing. Theres a lot of smart people in St George that know what they're doing. I don't think luck had a lot to play with it either because this industry doesn't allow the lucky to survive. Only the best will make it through.

I've been in the pool since the first week of March. I also am anxious to be in ground school, but having this time off ain't that bad. After all, you've guys have a guaranteed job waiting for you in a few months max.

With 29 jets coming this year, (16 left), and 30 next year, things will be moving well. The company has a lot of nice people working for it. I can attest to the customer service/ramp side of it because I work it 5 days a week. All the employees put their heart and soul into making sure each flight goes out ontime. I SELDOM run into a disgruntled pilot. I talk to most of them as much as I can to get a gouge on what QOL is like and about 99% of them are very happy. And I"m excited that some of us are going to be a part of this. Heads up guys, (and gals....there are A LOT of women pilots at SKYW). See you guys on the line!

Smoked Toilet said:
The whole Q400 thing has not been confirmed by anyone in management. I wouldnt get your hopes up to high on this one. As far as Bro classes go, I heard end of the summer. Id call and request the jet - cant hurt to ask. Classes every month. Good luck. Its a great company. Welcome aboard.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back