• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just wanted to give an update on the SLC EMB base. The most junior FO in SLC or DEN in EMB has a year of seniority.

The newhire jet FOs are going to SLC and TUS. My guess is that ORD (possibly opening in March) and DEN will go junior soon due to the fact that all deliverys are for the UAL side from now on.

I think that you will see most of the newhires will go into the EMB for the next few months because of a lot of pilots on the transition list. If they do run a CRJ newhire class it will be for the UAL guys.

We are still taking deliverys, although at a slower pace than before and training is likely to pick up after the first of the year.

We are scheduled to take approx 18 aircraft this year, most of which are the CRJ700. In 2005 looks it looks like 3 a month are scheduled (but you cant count on it).

Hope this helps.

Got any info on the training schedule, any word on a January EMB New-Hire Class?

Richard
I don't know the size of the Comair fleet, but when you add the Brasilias in there are somewhere around 170 aircraft in the SkyWest fleet. That given along with the different areas they are assigned means there will be a large number of domociles.

SBA is anything but junior. I have about 2.5 years in and am still 6+ down the list for RJ FO or EMB CP here. EMB F/O is pretty easy to get in SBA. We overnight 4 RJs and 2 EMBs and have a whopping 20 or so combined crews. We still put a lot of crews in hotels in SBA.

Scott

Auto-Throttle, I'm IAH based on the Brasilia now. I used to be an RJ FO but upgraded and went back to the EMB. My user name still reflects being an RJ pilot. It should be SkyWestEMBPilot now.

Thankful, thanks for the compliment about the avitar. My little girl is the greatest and I thought everyone would want to see her. Plus when my wife sees me posting something she smiles at the picutre of our little girl on the screen instead of telling me to get off the computer.

AeroDMB, Sorry I don't know if we are hiring. I think any new slots will be going to furloughed United pilots for the next while due to our expansion of RJ70s for United in ORD. But after that there should be spots. I don't know when that will be though. PM Andy Neil and he should know better than me.

I just looked at the standing bid lists for transfers for FOs on the EMB at all the domiciles. We have 1487 pilots in all. Here is the seniority number of the most senior FO requesting a transfer to that domicile as their first choice and the number of FOs requesting that transer as well.

SBP__1253__1
SAN__1271__1
DEN__1299__8
PDX__1315__4
SLC__1319__12
PSP__1362__3
IAH__1367__2
SMF__1378__1
MRY__1428__2
FAT__none
SBA__none
I hope that helps some.

Last edited:
Hey SkyWestEMBPilot

I know a couple of guys who did that....I wonder if you're one of them.

Doing the commute thing or did you move down to IAH?

See Ya,

Latest resources

Back