• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is there a buzz on when interviewing/hiring/classes might resume? Timeframe.

My guess, like all the other UAX carriers - they are waiting to see what happens to UAL. I heard United has until October to formulate a plan to come out of bankruptcy.

Anyone else have any ideas..?..

Thanks

Most of our flying is DAL, but the reason they've stopped the process is we've once again returned to crew staffing requirements (reserve levels and what not).

No diving!

Latest numbers I've heard through the grapevine regarding the depth of the new-hire pool is 40 waiting for an EMB-120 class and 20 in a pool for the jet.

Not sure if that includes the 60 (two classes of 30 each) that got their date pushed back and then were thrown back into the pool. I imagine it does not. That means approximately, at worst, 120 pilots waiting for a class.

We just got an announcement of a April CRJ class that has 15 CAP and 15 F.O.'s, although all are either upgrade or transition, no new hires.

I have absolutely no idea what will come what with UAL and the potential for at-risk flying, but I think all in the pool are in a good place: in a few months I'd imagine newhires will start flowing through Salt Lake again...

A friend of mine told me that next month out of Den there are a lot of schedule changes, with many cancelled flights throughout different trips.

Bye Bye--General Lee:confused: :rolleyes:

Schedule changes were handed down by both United and Delta due to the war.

For a guy that's "in the pool", does anyone know how they decide who will get the CRJ and who gets the EMB?

Latest resources

Back