Skywest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Question?
Why would anyone go to Skywest vs. Any other regional.
Koolaid drinkers here is your chance to shine.
Naysayers, here is you chance to illustrate.
PBR

Because Skywest gives you lube instead of giving it straight up. And instead of taking it in Newark you take it on the West coast where it's warmer and the coolaid sweeter making it less painful.

Last edited:
I loved working at SkyWest.. I think anyone can say they work with "great people" etc., but I honestly enjoyed the folks I flew with on a daily basis. Living on the west coast was, for me, a prerequisite, and that's where I was based. I had no desire to go to a major because I had no degree, and didn't want to pursue one just to do the same job I was doing. I felt that the equipment was always good, the training exceptional, and the overnights were as decent as could be considering Inyokern on the EMB! I'm not driven by money, so topping out at SW made my life very good. I had to leave to pull my family back together, and that was sad. Now, I'm able to re-join. It was a dream job for me, and I hope to go back very soon.

I'm taking it that you're serious?

Im pretty sure the check will come from SkyWest, Inc., which OWNS ASA. but im sure you already knew that... SkyWest, Inc., bought ASA and ExpressJet, and also owns SkyWest Airlines.

But you already know all that...

Oh ok, it's just that certain people say that it was ASA who bought XJT, not Skywest. But like I said, as long as the check clears, you can say it comes from bananas Inc.

Oh? I thought my company was bought by ASA and not Skywest? But either way, I have NO problem cashing in my check, as long as it cashes. But I would prefer that my check did indeed come from Skywest as part of ONE airline rather than an alter ego.

How's about...SkyWest, as in SkyWest, Inc. And when you get right down to it, which airline's money was used to buy both airlines? There's probably a good reason it's not called ASA, Inc. or ExpressJet, Inc.

How's about...SkyWest, as in SkyWest, Inc. And when you get right down to it, which airline's money was used to buy both airlines? There's probably a good reason it's not called ASA, Inc. or ExpressJet, Inc.

Yes, it's a shell-game. They made it "SkyWest, Inc" especially for the extra dense.

Oh wow! I better go tell JA and BR about it cause they say differently.

Yes, it's a shell-game. They made it "SkyWest, Inc" especially for the extra dense.

Here's the real shell game, and trust me, it's not for the benefit of Skywest pilots:

The merger is by and among Sky West, Inc, Express Delaware Co, an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Sky West Inc, and ExpressJet Holdings Inc, with ExpressJet being the surviving entity and merged with ASA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sky West Inc, with ASA being the surviving entity.

The merger is by and among Sky West, Inc, Express Delaware Co, an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Sky West Inc, and ExpressJet Holdings Inc, with ExpressJet being the surviving entity and merged with ASA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sky West Inc, with ASA being the surviving entity.

And here's the best part, as seperate entities your airline can once again be sold or liquidated as JA sees fit. Enjoy the ride!

And here's the best part, as seperate entities your airline can once again be sold or liquidated as JA sees fit. Enjoy the ride!

Yup, it would be stupid of him. So I highly doubt he will sell or liquidate ASA after everything he's put into them. Face it, you guys are stuck with us now! Thank you for all you do, especially funding my slush fund with that Skywest Inc profit sharing check!!!;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back