• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am trying to be optimistic about the situation, but I am also a realist. I am making my backup plans. Stupid economy :(

That was posted a week ago. Do you have a new estimate or should we list you as overdue?

Andy and all; here's the latest from SAPA.

FURLOUGH RUMORS

To be clear, there have been no discussions with the company regarding the need to furlough at this time. The company has repeatedly expressed their commitment to developing programs that will help reduce the number of pilots on the payroll to help address our overstaffing issue.

There has been a proposal discussed between SAPA and Flight Ops management to alter the furlough language in the Crewmember Policy Manual. These discussions were not convened by management, but were initiated by SAPA. During the development of the VLA, part-time, and other proposals, it was decided to try to improve and clarify our furlough language at the same time.

If you have heard rumors of the “F” word, it is possibly because of the discussions regarding the furlough language in the CPM.

When the language is finalized and the proposal signed, we will be passing it along.

The company has repeatedly expressed their commitment to developing programs that will help reduce the number of pilots on the payroll to help address our overstaffing issue.

I am in the mood to call BS on the company. They have expressed the need to reduce the number of pilots for at least nine months. They have had plenty of time to figure out a policy for a reduction in work force. I am starting to believe that they do not desperately NEED VLAs, part time lines, or furloughs.

SAPA: The company is working an angle with our desperation, DO NOT CAVE on other proposals.

guys just be thankful you work at a company that is taking every viable option to not furlough. Not many regionals are like that.

I am in the mood to call BS on the company. They have expressed the need to reduce the number of pilots for at least nine months. They have had plenty of time to figure out a policy for a reduction in work force. I am starting to believe that they do not desperately NEED VLAs, part time lines, or furloughs.

SAPA: The company is working an angle with our desperation, DO NOT CAVE on other proposals.

Do you honestly think the company knows how long Midwest is going to be in business or how many airplanes are going to get pulled once the DL/NW merger is done?

Do you honestly think the company knows how long Midwest is going to be in business or how many airplanes are going to get pulled once the DL/NW merger is done?

Not really, I was just typing out loud. I am curious about everyone dragging their feet on VLAs though.

FWIW, it sounds like SkyWest might be getting more flying out of SLC. The latest announcement from Delta is SLC-BNA, SLC-MKE, SLC-FAR, SLC-BIS, SLC-FSD, SLC-ELP all flown by SkyWest. (Looked up the flights on Delta.com)

They are also adding SLC-IND flown by mainline.

I didn't look into the details, but they also announced more daily flights to following city pairs: SLC-SEA, SLC-LAX and a few others. I think SkyWest does SLC-SEA, but not sure if the extra flight will be on SkyWest.

I fly the MKE system and loads have been terribly low. How long will Midwest last? I'm asking the same question. As long as the company is dragging their feet on VLOA, I see that as a good thing. They may see the need to keep the staffing as is for some reason. Otherwise, my opinion would be that they would be attempting to shed ASAP. I hear it's only SAPA trying to get furloughs or VLOA to get credit values back up. But again, that is just the rumor mill.

Fly Safe!!

FWIW, it sounds like SkyWest might be getting more flying out of SLC. The latest announcement from Delta is SLC-BNA, SLC-MKE, SLC-FAR, SLC-BIS, SLC-FSD, SLC-ELP all flown by SkyWest. (Looked up the flights on Delta.com)

They are also adding SLC-IND flown by mainline.

I didn't look into the details, but they also announced more daily flights to following city pairs: SLC-SEA, SLC-LAX and a few others. I think SkyWest does SLC-SEA, but not sure if the extra flight will be on SkyWest.

I fly the MKE system and loads have been terribly low. How long will Midwest last? I'm asking the same question. As long as the company is dragging their feet on VLOA, I see that as a good thing. They may see the need to keep the staffing as is for some reason. Otherwise, my opinion would be that they would be attempting to shed ASAP. I hear it's only SAPA trying to get furloughs or VLOA to get credit values back up. But again, that is just the rumor mill.

Fly Safe!!

The extra flying is your typical summer schedule. Those flights are seasonal. If SkyWest furloughs, it will most likely be in the fall, after all of those flights are pulled dwn for the winter.

I love how Delta touts these "new" flights as being due to the merger. How were those flights being done pre-merger?

Latest resources

Back