• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Capacity reductions at majors do not necessarily mean reduction at regionals. In fact, the opposite is more probable. Skywest has NEVER furloughed pilots nor have they given any indication that they might. I believe they recognize that furloughs have a cost far beyond the money saved - retraining, no one picking up open time or answering their phones, morale costs, etc. It will be a last resort. The sky isn't falling but I'm digging out my raincoat.

BTW, I'm one of those creepy types that used the computer datin' base. Works great when you want to meet someone outside the industry. Married 9 years.

Capacity reductions at majors do not necessarily mean reduction at regionals. In fact, the opposite is more probable. Skywest has NEVER furloughed pilots nor have they given any indication that they might. I believe they recognize that furloughs have a cost far beyond the money saved - retraining, no one picking up open time or answering their phones, morale costs, etc. It will be a last resort. The sky isn't falling but I'm digging out my raincoat.

BTW, I'm one of those creepy types that used the computer datin' base. Works great when you want to meet someone outside the industry. Married 9 years.

haha, i apologize about the computer dating comment it was a little rough and know a lot of people that have had great luck with it.

Just seems a little odd when someone has all this "inside" info at skyw that doesn't even work there...i need to get off reserve i spend too much time on this board now :(

Never say never.

Are they asking pilots to LOAs for an extended period of time? Are they trying to find additional flying for the a/c that came from your Midwest Express side?

If you answered yes, which we all know you should have, to these questions then you should be concerned about the "F" word at Skywest.

Never say never.

Are they asking pilots to LOAs for an extended period of time? Are they trying to find additional flying for the a/c that came from your Midwest Express side?

If you answered yes, which we all know you should have, to these questions then you should be concerned about the "F" word at Skywest.

To be honest they don't really seem to be in a hurry to finalize the VLA program. I wasn't interested in taking a VLA, but there is another job that pays well and would require a full-time status and it seems as though the rush to get the VLA has faded. That's really to bad because the longer they take, the less people that may be interested in taking a LOA.

I'm most concerned with the entire Midwest flying that we do. I could see an easy 400 to 500 pliot F'd if Midwest shutsdown. But there's no sense in sitting around worrying about "ifs". Live life, enjoy where you're at and appreciate what a company like SkyWest has to offer is employees.

eP.
yes - i drink the kool-aide!

you seem to almost want skywest to let people go...seems like this thread gets your jollys off. That news segment means nothing and they are off on many things they said. If you've moved on to someplace else and have nothing better to do than this crap give me a call and I'll send you $15 to go get a hooker.

you seem to almost want skywest to let people go...seems like this thread gets your jollys off.

I agree. If you had any kind of inside info, you would have known that this is old news. Yet you come on here and stir the pot anyway. For that, you suck.

you seem to almost want skywest to let people go...seems like this thread gets your jollys off. That news segment means nothing and they are off on many things they said. If you've moved on to someplace else and have nothing better to do than this crap give me a call and I'll send you $15 to go get a hooker.

I agree. If you had any kind of inside info, you would have known that this is old news. Yet you come on here and stir the pot anyway. For that, you suck.

Wow, I post a link to a news article and you revert attacking me. Nice. For the record, I am not sitting in front of my computer hoping for the demise of SkyWest. Quite the contrary. I believe in the long term SkyWest Inc. is gonna be ok and may very well end up owning all or part of Mesa, getting some flying in Brazil, etc. but in the short term there is a rough road ahead. And more immature attacks coming in 3, 2, 1....

It's funny how people post the media stories when it supports their point, but when the media writes about an airline accident we all see the blatant errors. I wonder (actually I don't really care) how accurate any of the news stories are for everyone that has posted a link in this thread about the financial strength of United, Midwest, SkyWest and their respective futures.

If SkyWest furloughs, they furlough. STFU about it now.

eP.

Latest resources

Back