• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
God help me if I have to move to an island and start SCUBA instructing.

Maybe I ought to learn how to be a truck driver, what's the number of that truck driving school we saw on TV, Truck Masters I think it is, I might need that

W

Either that or flying cargo planes full of rubber dog poop out of Hong Kong. :)

SkyWest downgraded to Sell at Argus . Argus downgrades SKYW to Sell from Hold saying they expect capacity reductions at major airlines to continue to reduce block hours and available seat miles at SkyWest. Firm also projects few opportunities for additional contracts or expansion of existing agreements, restricting revenue and earnings growth.

Trojan

Just my opinion here, but...when you start to see things like this...:

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/stories/2009/02/02/daily21.html

http://www.jsonline.com/business/38579577.html

...anyone with half a brain would have to begin to worry a little.

SKW has 12 airplanes worth of crews in the YX/MKE operation...running about 100 flights a day for a carrier that isn't even a shadow of what it once was and could very well not be around next week. Lose that portion of the overall operation and, suddenly, your already fat crew roster is morbidly obese.

Coupled with this and you start to begin to see etchings of what may come.

Trojan

Plus I'm hearing rumbles that all's not well with DL management.

A good number of the folks who were making the decisions on Virginia Ave (and some of there more experienced and capable minions) have recently been displaced by NWers from Minnie.......

Some real heartache for those who sweated and bled widgets now looking for employment, and a bunch of new people moving into place who's perspectives, priorities and loyalties are very different. Some are already making decisions whose results have not yet started to percolate out into operations or marketing, yet........

I dont claim to know what the changes will be, but I do believe that some seismic shifts are coming after the dust settles in the G.O......

If you don't work at SkyWest how are you getting the feeling that people believe they are immune to furlough? Forum boards?

ok...you don't work for skywest but you seem to have inside information on us. Secondly your aircraft types indicate skywest aircraft. Your screename implies you work for skywest.

I worked for SkyWest for a number of years before moving on but still have quite a few friends there.

You're probably one of those creepy people that uses internet dating too aren't you?

While I appreciate this concern you have for our pilot group I truly think that you are just stirring the pot and wishing bad on us.

As they say "Misery loves company"

Wow, thanks for the civil reply. Do you always revert to bashing people when they say things you don't agree with? You must be a ball to fly with. Like I said before, I still have quite a few friends at SkyWest so I absolutely am not wishing for your demise. I just hope folks don't get caught with their pants down. Good luck guys.

I have it from a very reliable source at SkyWest that unless something significant changes between now and then, furloughs are coming in the fall. Good luck guys.

From now till fall is an eternity in aviation time. A few months ago everyone was going out of business because the cost of fuel was almost 150 a barrel.

Please! Your reliable source is an email from SAPA that there's no furloughs till atleast the fall. You shouldn't read into that cause what it was saying is that the UAL and DAL schedules given to Skywest so far only go to the fall, so we just don't know what UAL or DAL will do at that point. They could cut Skywest flights at that point or maybe not. They could cut any regional's flights or add. They probably don't know themselves at this point themselves. So please stop trying to stir up some trouble.

UAL is still figuring how many more planes to park and how many pilots ot furlough on top of the already announced 1450.

Latest resources

Back