Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

downandwelded

Hey there,
I just got the call from Eagle and also SkyWest.

If you were in my position where would YOU go?

SkyWest wants me on the brasilia, which of course is the only plane that doesn't have a base in Chicago, which is where I just moved... 1 year seatlock sounds yummy...

Well it's all about if the Chicago thing is the most important part of the decision....if it is, and Eagle offers you Chicago as a base, then take that.....at least at SkyWest, you'll have a fighting chance in hell of upgrading before you need to start wearing diapers again.....

Take Eagle if they offer you ORD if being based at home is really important to you. At SKW if they put you in the EMB you will be able to switch to the CRJ at the 1 year mark. ORD is a very junior base at SKW. Also, currently upgrades in the CRJ for ORD is less than 2 years. Things change though. I think Fresno, CA and SLC are the JR bases in the EMB.

SkyWest

One year is nothing. ORD is a junior base. Possibility of early release from seatlock. You could commute from ORD to DEN while in the EMB. You have to look at time to upgrade as well.

Just got the call to interview, or just offered class dates?

Which class date is earlier?

You won't find out your aircraft or base assignment at Eagle until the first day of class. See where I'm going with this?

English said:
Just got the call to interview, or just offered class dates?

Which class date is earlier?

You won't find out your aircraft or base assignment at Eagle until the first day of class. See where I'm going with this?

DEN in the EMB is better than SJU in the ATR commuting wise

Thanks for the input. I got class dates and they are both for next week!

EMB news was given to me on thursday pm, and havne't been able to talk to anyone at Skywest since, i guess labor day weekend got in my way a bit.

Is early release from seatlock a real possibility or is it myth?

when is the united xpress contract up for skywest? is it pretty stable for the foreseable future or is it up for grabs as soon as someone underbids?

oh and by the way, about the fact that skywest is non union:

does that tick a lot of people off, say when you're trying to jumpseat?

downandwelded said:
oh and by the way, about the fact that skywest is non union:

does that tick a lot of people off, say when you're trying to jumpseat?

Contrary to what some idiots post on this forum you're not going to have a problem jumpseating. Most captains are smart enough to avoid starting a jumpseat war over something you personally have no control over. 1 pilot - 1 vote. Unless someone has a scabbed or works for an alter-ego like the orginal Freedom or G_o Jet they're not likely to have trouble on any airline.

A captain denying a jumpseat because of lack of union affiliation would probably catch hell from his own jumpseat chairman.

I've never had a problem jumpseating. We carry a lot of mainline guys in our jumpseats, they'd catch hell from their own pilots if they started a jumpseat war. The seatlock does get released. From what I've seen it will be near the 1 year mark though. Our contract with United is pretty good, I doubt it's going anywhere soon. We've been expanding with them quite a bit lately.

Latest resources

Back