• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest vs Eagle...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last several newhire classes at Eagle all had slots for the jet in ORD. CRJ and ERJ.
Fo what it's worth.

As far as I know....

No one has left SkyWest to go to eagle, but we had three guys in my new hire from Eagle. All are RJ captains (in ORD, DEN, and COS) now after three years...There are also three or four in trainng right now from Eagle here. ORD CRJ CA went to about 15 months a month or so ago (could change in the future thought).

Mookie

Seeing I have worked for both, I will tell you this. My 6 years at Eagle only got me 1/2 way up the FO list in ORD. The SkyWest upgarde in ORD is less then 2 years. And they tell us (at SkyWest) ORD is going to grow twice as big. in 1 year you will be in the top 10% of FO's in ORD. The seat lock has gone less then 1 year in most cases for the BRO also. Eagle is a good company but no growth (and 500 flowbacks) and you may get a prop there also(SJC,MIA,DFW,LAX). If you can take the year on the west coast I would do SkyWest. Im very happy I made the jump even after 6 years at Eagle, It has worked out for me!

I left eagle in July after 1.5 years to come to SkyWest. I was based in ORD on the CRJ and got ORD CRJ at SkyWest. I left because I have a much better chance at upgrading in ORD. Even if a lot of stuff changed at Eagle I would probably not get the Chicago or even the Jet when and if I upgraded.

Eagle will tell you where you are based during the first hour of class, and I didn't get my base assignment for SkyWest until the end of week 4. Eagle is a good company and if it weren't for the upgrade, I would definately have stayed there. I think in your position I would choose SkyWest and hope for Denver or Salt Lake.

Good Luck

my 2 cents

I had the same choice for a while, but Eagle said no to me at the end. I am glad I am at Skywest. I am in the Emb120, seat lock seems to be cut short for a month or two before the year ends. ORD is a junior base in the crj. At Eagle upgrading takes way too long... Think ahead, not just on a domicile, but once you are there... how long untill you get the precious PIC time to be able to move on?

yup,
congrats my friend. i'm 95 percent sure i'll see you there. still haven'
t been able to talk to anyone at skyw. call me silly but i'm not hopping on a plane until i get something more than a voicemail box. did you get any literature? i was told fedex would be coming on sat but didn't see anything

Latest resources

Back