Skywest Union Busting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SuperKooter said:
I keep telling the ALPAites at ASA that but they are so brainwashed that they don't listen to reason or facts. They are by definition insane, the only time i've seen a group act as foolish and brainwashed as them was the heavens gate cult back in the late 90's. Thats all what ALPA at ASA has become a cult run by insane people. Any normal person would take the Skywest contract except for the ALPAites at ASA, because once you did it would show that ALPA is useless and does nothing but steals the pay of its pilots. The funny thing is that you are FORCED to pay your 2% and there isn't a thing you can do about it. Some days I wish managment would dump ALPA and all its loyal members, its about time ASA had its colon cleaned.

The SKW "contract" has not been offered. Even if it was, I would be willing to bet you have no idea what is in this "contract". And what is to stop JA from walking into his office tomorrow and telling his pilot group that he is cutting wages accross the board by 15%? Nothing. He could do that tomorrow, and all his pilots could do is quit. If they were a union carrier there would be a legal barrier to his changing the contract. Or his refusing to honor an "LOA" like their same pay for all jets, which was only supposed to last for 18 months, but has now been in effect for 3 years.

:rolleyes:Nicely put ATR, the REALLY sad thing is the skywst pilots don't even SEE the train that is about to ROLL over them!

arthompson said:
What contract? you guys have an employment document written by the company subject to the companies whims. I have no issue with SKW not being Union, but throw the word contract around, because it's not.

You're right we dont' have a "contract"...but our agreement with management proves to be much more effective than you ALPA contract.

By the way in case you can't tell...I hate unions, they don't do anything besides take your money and lose lawsuits.

BigLebowski said:
Big Difference...In case you haven't heard, SkyWest bought ASA. Do you remember when American (not ALPA) bought TWA and took over their roots and furloughed their pilots? Were they scabs? We bought the company fair and square and gave ASA numerous options to settle their contract, they reject everything.

BTW...After you get done factoring in all the extras that SkyW pilots get, not to mention our contract is better...we still make more than ASA pilots.

Bad example. Skywest Inc bought ASA, not Skywest Airlines. There is a difference.

BigLebowski said:
You're right we dont' have a "contract"...but our agreement with management proves to be much more effective than you ALPA contract.

By the way in case you can't tell...I hate unions, they don't do anything besides take your money and lose lawsuits.

Yeah right! Your boy Jerry even said he can change the rules at any time he wants.

I understand that there are some talks about Skywest pilots taking a pay cut to fly the 50 seat aircraft?

www. said:
I understand that there are some talks about Skywest pilots taking a pay cut to fly the 50 seat aircraft?

More likely something from a rumormonger who has been incorrect 99% of the time when posting stuff about SkyWest. If I'm not mistaken I saw a post to that effect from the same guy that talked about Jerry "stripping" companies. I posted a reply seeking an example of a company that was "stripped" but I don't think any examples were given.

You have to realize that when you have an anonymous forum you'll have people with low self esteem making crap up so they can feel better about themselves. So don't believe too much of what you read unless it's supported with corraborating evidence like a link to a press release or something on a company website.

Dave Benjamin said:
More likely something from a rumormonger who has been incorrect 99% of the time when posting stuff about SkyWest. If I'm not mistaken I saw a post to that effect from the same guy that talked about Jerry "stripping" companies. I posted a reply seeking an example of a company that was "stripped" but I don't think any examples were given.

You have to realize that when you have an anonymous forum you'll have people with low self esteem making crap up so they can feel better about themselves. So don't believe too much of what you read unless it's supported with corraborating evidence like a link to a press release or something on a company website.

Dave Benjamin,

Very well put. There is a lot, no tons of spin on this web site. Believe half of what is supported by documentation and when it happens believe it all.

BigLebowski said:
Big Difference...In case you haven't heard, SkyWest bought ASA. Do you remember when American (not ALPA) bought TWA and took over their roots and furloughed their pilots? Were they scabs? We bought the company fair and square and gave ASA numerous options to settle their contract, they reject everything.

BTW...After you get done factoring in all the extras that SkyW pilots get, not to mention our contract is better...we still make more than ASA pilots.

We reject everything? what........ WHAT?

If by "everything" you mean a substandard bottom of the industry offer then YES we reject everything

WHAT IS IT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND? ASA MGMT has NOT offered anything close to the Skywest "contract". Many would vote for a similar agreement. We are not asking for a big raise, just no pay cut.

Yes, yes we ALL know you have a better compensation package than we do, thats WHY we would vote in your "contract" moron!!

I DO NOT agree with the first poster. SKW pilots have no say where/what they fly and I respect 99% of their pilots. Just not the ones that rub my face in the fact that we got bought and we should kiss their feet for allowing us to keep our jobs.

BTW...does it make you feel superior to point out that you make more than us? Hope you feel better.

Last edited:
COOPERVANE said:
We reject everything? what........ WHAT?

If by "everything" you mean a substandard bottom of the industry offer then YES we reject everything

WHAT IS IT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND? ASA MGMT has NOT offered anything close to the Skywest "contract". Many would vote for a similar agreement. We are not asking for a big raise, just no pay cut.

Yes, yes we ALL know you have a better compensation package than we do, thats WHY we would vote in your "contract" moron!!

I DO NOT agree with the first poster. SKW pilots have no say where/what they fly and I respect 99% of their pilots. Just not the ones that rub my face in the fact that we got bought and we should kiss their feet for allowing us to keep our jobs.

BTW...does it make you feel superior to point out that you make more than us? Hope you feel better.

Doesn't make me feel better at all that we make more. But don't say that we're busting up your union or undercutting you when our compensation exceeds yours.

Dave Benjamin said:

Call the SkyWest pilots in recureent last week in SLC. Ask what was said to them.

Also how 'bout we post the meo from your Student Council regarding pay negotiations at SKYW.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back