• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest to Unionize?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bring any other union in and it will succeed, alpa will get laughed of property again. Just keep in mind a lot of pilots at skw once were alpa, union yes, alpa dont even try it. i will however take some free Heidies.

Not true, we tried an inhouse Union drive years ago and it failed worse than the ALPA drive, SkyWest pilots are apathetic at best. Let them keep their apathy, the ones who want to see a change from the status quo now have a fair oppurtunity to do so.

The threat of unionizing is more leverage than actually becoming unionized - and you don't have to pay dues.

That threat may have been true in 1999 when the vote was close and management woke up to that realization, now that threat is about as serious as a six year old holding his breath til he gets what he wants. The new NMb rules may make that threat a more viable option though since most Skywest guys couldnt take the time to vote for anything.

Bring any other union in and it will succeed, alpa will get laughed of property again. Just keep in mind a lot of pilots at skw once were alpa, union yes, alpa dont even try it. i will however take some free Heidies.

Not true. No union = continued loss of QOL, benefits, and pay (even if they are just perceived :puke:). ANY union will stop the bleeding.

Not true. No union = continued loss of QOL, benefits, and pay (even if they are just perceived :puke:). ANY union will stop the bleeding.

Oh, riiiiiiiiight....kinda like why we see all those posts from ASA guys praising their schedules and QOL, and why 99.9% of the earth's population thinks Mesa sucks. ALPA will take care of us. My ass.

Sure, no need whatsoever...everything is just fine! NOT!!

Never said everything was fine. But the thought of going through 4+ years of contract talks with no raises durring that time, to only get a small raise anyway, is not to exciting... Like i said. "been there, done that". Could they "share the bank".. Sure!!! But im not ready to let some of these "pro ALPA SkyWest pilots" run the show with the company. That would be a bad idea..

Never said everything was fine. But the thought of going through 4+ years of contract talks with no raises durring that time, to only get a small raise anyway, is not to exciting... Like i said. "been there, done that". Could they "share the bank".. Sure!!! But im not ready to let some of these "pro ALPA SkyWest pilots" run the show with the company. That would be a bad idea..

Don't leave out the best part! During the entire 5 years that NOTHING changes and NOTHING gets done, you get to donate 2%!!

All those Skywest pilots ready to donate $6,000-$10,000 to nothing, say aye!

Why vote a union in anyway? You get everything we negotiate and you don't have to pay dues.

You would think that the loss of health insurance, more pilots fired than any other airline, and more scrutiny from the FAA than any other airline would be enough to convince the pilot group at SkyWest that a union, any union would be necessary. Nope. The ONLY way there will ever be a union at SkyWest Airlines is if we merge our seniority list with another that is already union.

Latest resources

Back