Skywest to stop training???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One.

Its just that our CA at SkyWest have been a lot more successful at getting on with the likes of FedEx, SouthWest, etc. But you already knew that.

Oh, so Skywest Captains are the best in the industry hun?

fins

once again you disappoint by saying foolish and stupid things about skywest that aren't even remotely true.

ward? give me a break.

Only kidding....

Sorry to offend anyone with a joke.

Last edited:
let's keep it fair.

-Goose
When a Company incurrs expenses of $1,000,000 per aircraft to transfer jobs to a slightly higher cost work group, investors and employees are going to wonder, why? Why start an ATL crew base with airplanes from ASA's order book? For that matter, why have a two page advertisement in ASA's inflight magazine for (edited) when ASA's jets fly customers who's beliefs are mostly Baptist, Pentacostal, Catholic and Muslim (based on Atlanta religious demographics).

It is my opinion that SkyWest is being managed in such a way that they will encounter difficulties getting new business and holding on to the business they have. SkyWest's customers (with the exclusion of MidWest who I've read nothing about) are complaining of SkyWest's arrogance. At the same time they say good things about Republic Airlines Holdings, Comair and new entrants like Pinnacle. If you look at the newest awards, SkyWest has not been successful.

This thread is the first wave in what is going to become a tidal shift. The ASA guys will have a contract that protects their pilots to some extent. They will be better positioned to weather the upcoming doldrums.

Sorry for the joke that might have offended some FI readers. It is my belief that some of SkyWest's illogical decisions are in part based on a preference for the home team. But truthfully, I can't explain the destruction of the most profitable part (on a percentage basis) of the "SkyWest" family.

Life isn't fair. If it was, ASA pilots would not have been displaced, moved, lost tens of thousands of dollars and put back on reserve until finding other work. But hey, I needed motivation to move on - so thanks :cartman:

Last edited:
For that matter, why have a two page advertisement in ASA's inflight magazine for (edited) when ASA's jets fly customers who's beliefs are mostly Baptist, Pentacostal, Catholic and Muslim

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. That incident was part of the vast Mormon conspiracy bent on world domination. My bad. I'll try to give you a heads up next time.

-Goose

Last edited:
For that matter, why have a two page advertisement in ASA's inflight magazine for (edited) when ASA's jets fly customers who's beliefs are mostly Baptist, Pentacostal, Catholic and Muslim (based on Atlanta religious demographics).
Can someone fill me in on what happened?

Can someone fill me in on what happened?

fins was crying again about how skywest has ruined his life, the industry, and will eventually ruin the world on their unfair, profiteering, opportunistic, religiously motivated ambitions.

oh, and he doesn't really care, 'cause he's moved on to a major. 'he's 'just kidding.'

get a life

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back