• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest to IAD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just don't see how you can replace all the RJ's with a fleet of 40 aircraft, but believe it or not, I do aspire to move on from the regionals someday

Delta really parked a lot of mainline planes after 9-11 and BK, and just now will be bringing mainline sized planes back, to compete with growing LCCs. As the LCCs grow, RJs just can't compete, especially head to head. RJs have a place in this industry, but that place is against turboprops or other RJs, not against 717s and 737s. Places like New Bern, NC deserve RJs, not Indianapolis directly competing with a 717.

And, it is good to aspire to move upward and onward. Retirements will be huge starting in about 2 years with age 65 retirements growing over time. Keep your nose clean and stay away from people like Box Office and WayBack.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
I agree with some of that, but that's all delta management making those decisions-just like I think they don't charge enough for a ticket since the flights are pretty full, but then again I'm not a manager so I don't have a clue.

Look, I really DON'T Care if you like women, but when it comes down to it, the RJs are BAD for this business when they compete directly with LCCs. Ms. Box Office can't debate, and it's too bad because she could be an ADVOCATE of change. But instead, she agrees with "Don't ask about how many are being parked, " and "Don't tell me the truth about them being on the way out." Sad, just sad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I really think General Lee is funny, he should get a comedy show. So many funny jabs. No wonder Box Office wants to ignore him.

I really think General Lee is funny, he should get a comedy show. So many funny jabs. No wonder Box Office wants to ignore him.

Maybe Box can't handle her liquor? You know how you are supposed to handle your liquor, right? By her ears! Yuck Yuck Yuck..... I'll be here every Thursday night at the Laugh Barn. Make sure you tip your waitress!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Maybe Box can't handle her liquor? You know how you are supposed to handle your liquor, right? By her ears! Yuck Yuck Yuck..... I'll be here every Thursday night at the Laugh Barn. Make sure you tip your waitress!

Bye Bye---General Lee

You are killing me! Stop it!

If you're going to flirt with the General, do it with the PM function. This isn't match.com.

eP.

Is that where you met your future husband?

Bye Bye--General Lee

I would pay money to see the look on the Generals face the day his union rep tells him that DALPA just OK'ed an agreement (without going to members for a vote) for Connection to fly 100 seats. It will be explained to him in doing so they were able to secure wage and benefit gains and growth in real airplanes (ones that say Boeing on the tail) thus preserving the profession for Real airline pilots. And, don't worry the guys who just got F'ed aren't even on the property yet. Those regional guys probably didn't even graduate high school, let them fly those "Tin Cans". Come on General, do you really want to fly a plane made by a snowmobile manufacture? Or a Jungle Jet? Of course not. No self respecting Real Airline Pilot would.

I would pay money to see the look on the Generals face the day his union rep tells him that DALPA just OK'ed an agreement (without going to members for a vote) for Connection to fly 100 seats. It will be explained to him in doing so they were able to secure wage and benefit gains and growth in real airplanes (ones that say Boeing on the tail) thus preserving the profession for Real airline pilots. And, don't worry the guys who just got F'ed aren't even on the property yet. Those regional guys probably didn't even graduate high school, let them fly those "Tin Cans". Come on General, do you really want to fly a plane made by a snowmobile manufacture? Or a Jungle Jet? Of course not. No self respecting Real Airline Pilot would.

Sorry, that just wouldn't happen. Dalpa just had LEC elections and every single one of the new reps was affected by RJs, and one of them was the furlough coordinator who was furloughed himself. Yeah, very unlikely.

And 100 seaters just don't seem to be the "tin cans" the 50 seaters are turning out to be. JB's payrates on their E190s is pretty darn good, and that is good for any future 100 seat negotiations, over the current rates Dalpa got in BK.

But, you may want to start thinking about your own options. RJ operators are having to get creative in where they now put their excess feed. Some have gone to United, and some will go to Vietnam. Both of those options don't sound great. How much did SKW have to "give" Airtran to allow them to feed them in MKE?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back