SkyWest to IAD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Zero". It is at risk flying though.

Delta's main problem with the 50 seater is that we are making money while they were losing money and Anderson would rather lose more money with his own planes than lose money while we are profitable.

Bought some 25 year old Mad Dogs from the Chines did you? I'd bet that even Anderson won't repeat that mistake. You will probably spend three times the purchase price getting them airworthy. I have some experience with DC-9 MX, it gets very expensive to maintain aging airframes.

Zero, eh? It used to NOT be that way, in other words things have turned around, and SKW is looking for ANYTHING and anywhere to dump their RJs. Where will the go next? Mohave.

And, Red1 is correct, the MD90s are not old compared to MD80s or even MD88s, they are the newer version, have bigger engines and better performance than older versions. RA actually said they can do a lot of the missions that 737-800s do, but at a fraction of the cost. Apparently DL plans to own all of them out there eventually, over 110 I believe, and the board of directors have already approved those future purchases supposedly. If you own ALL of them, then parts don't really become an issue. DL owns a lot of DC9s too, and they keep running. The first of the China Eastern MD90s have already flown to AZ for servicing (installing IFE), and they should be online soon, hopefully flying routes that your RJs used to fly. You can't deny your 50 seaters are going away---even United is now using ASA birds--that used to ONLY fly for DL.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey General, you're quick to rebut everyones postings but you haven't mine yet. I know it wasn't an oversight on your part. I've reposted it for you and I'd like you to respond.

Absolutely. Mainline pilots will fly the C-series, or anything larger than 76 seats. You don't seem to understand one of my main points---MOST mainline pilots left at DL and NWA (now all DL) have been affected by RJ Proliferation. Either by downgrades, or just commuting on them. Not fun. I don't know one DL pilot that would allow anyone else to fly anything larger than 76 seats, and DL pilots aren't happy about the 76 seats either, all forced upon DL and NWA by BK judges. Got it yet?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
From what I hear, Anderson is about to hit the General across the face with a 2x4, and he'll have no clue where it came from...

Riiiight! The only thing I have heard RA say lately was during the last conference call when he stated 50 more 50 seat RJs would be parked in 2010. I think even the analysts cheered.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Poor compared to an RJ's service? Mainline is poor, is that what you are saying? Speak for yourself, I have a feeling you are giving poor service everytime you porpoise down the runway during your "crash landings." The DL/NWA merger has gone by a lot smoother than most, and they seem to be getting things together product wise. I bet you are unhappy with the outfits. You probably don't think the shoes match......

I am glad you think DL "used to" be a good airline. Sounds like you won't be too upset when your RJs are parked and you are working in Concourse C at Wendy's. You and CRJ567 can hold hands and make fries.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ms. Lee
I would never work at Wendy's, I will be over at Nathan's on D. Come over there when all the rjs are parked and I will give you a hotdog you can suck on! Extra mayo for you! A dude like you would like that.

ha, anyone who actually thinks an airline job is difficult i have to question. people like the general, why don't you do something with yourself like start a business instead of sitting around spanking it to pictures of you flying your 757. i doubt you have a business with as much time as you spend on this board.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back