• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest To Furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NEDude- you must work for Gulfstream... east coast, 1900s, management's told you all about SkyWest's codeshare. Am I right?

If I am, everyone here is trying to get the inside skinny. What's your take?

Here is the big secret everyone wants to hold back on. Skywest is talking to Continental about flying our old EMB120s out of Houston. They offered this to Express but Coex does not want to fly props anymore. I believe our MOU makes these new positions open to our furloughed pilots. Now go and discuss.

Yes, Hotwing; it's going to happen.
Skywest will make the anouncement soon.
30 Brasilias will be operated out of Houston by
Skywest for Continental.

They offered this to Express but Coex does not want to fly props anymore. I believe our MOU makes these new positions open to our furloughed pilots. Now go and discuss.

Half this thread gets deleted and now obi-wan wants to put his own twist on the story. Obi-wan, where are you currently flying? Coex? How about Commutair? or did you end up at Great Lakes?

so....?

Jeepman Yes, Hotwing; it's going to happen.

this then begs the Q:

will SkyWest, then

1-hire soon?

2-use poolies to staff for these 30 props in HOU?

3-or use current FOs that are on reserve elsewhere to staff HOU?

thx

utah....my best WAG on the situation.

1. probably, looking at the emb reserve levels, it's pretty lean right now at most of the california bases.

2. probably (plus some "additional poolies from somewhere...I don't know....maybe..."). i talked to a guy who just finished class who was furloughed from coex, and he's heard he might be recalled by them for some "new opportunity." ironic, eh??? if it goes junior enough, he might be able to hold captain here on the emb. he's pretty sure he's going to stay here at SkyWest though. ;-)

3. yes, if they want to transfer there. when, or if it's announced, there will have to be a system wide bid, and my guess is that there aren't going to be too many people who want to go there initially, so it's going to be very junior.

NOTHING has been officially announced yet, so I won't believe it until the first emb is undergoing mx on the ramp at IAH!!!!!

There have been "official" internal announcements indicating an official public announcement is anticipated in May and the intention is to begin service in July.

Now, what about the rumor I've heard from several sources saying Frontier was going to dump Mesa in favor of Skywest out of DEN?

skywest

being a coex pilot, all i have heard is about skywest flying our routes to victoria tx. with the e-120. plus where would 20 or 30 e-120's go out of the houston system? we didn't pull out of too many places. also, coex furloughed pilots will ( should ) be offered temporary positions at skywest if it happens, example: commutair. per our union

Latest resources

Back