• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hahaha...."how's your burger..."hahaha:laugh:

"Hey...are you okay man...it was just a joke!"

Great Movie!

The OO crews have special crew training to deal with the high altitude, mountainous terrain,one way in/out, lower mins, balked landing procedures. I believe that is not part of the current SOP at ASA.

That's just great!!!......now we have 250hr wonders going in the mountains also............this just really makes me want to buy a ticket on Greyhound or the Colorado Mountain Express if go there.

I will say... the lines in ASE during the winter are pretty good. Most lines this month have 19 days off and the 83hr guarantee. Blocks can be as low as 55hrs. I flew ASE as an FO last season and I averaged 130hrs of credit a month. My record is 183 hrs credit. My checkairman/captain wanted half the loot cause I kept getting displaced. 15 standups and I only flew 3. Paid 95hrs. Then picked up stuff on the side. This job is what you make it. I've flown the missed approach twice out of there...it was a non event. The ones you need to worry about is the corporate guys. I talked to a few in the hotel and asked them what they would do if they lost an engine etc. Their response..."Stick my head between my legs and kiss my ??? goodbuy." At least we have very well thought out procedures and crews that are prepared and trained to execute them if needed. Just my $.02. Have fun and fly safe everyone.

If r not corporate u should not assume this.... Just because u talked to those guys. Our Sim training is most done in ASPEN including special operartions that includes cool wx ops, hot and heavy, V1's and our own mins and sop's to comply with that airport. So YES we do have special training for this airport.
Your worries should be for the lives of pax on the hands of 250hr wonders flying in there when the wx goes crap.

Just my $.02.

That's just great!!!......now we have 250hr wonders going in the mountains also............this just really makes me want to buy a ticket on Greyhound or the Colorado Mountain Express if go there.

OO does not have "250 hr wonders". You might be thinking of MESA.

If r not corporate u should not assume this.... Just because u talked to those guys. Our Sim training is most done in ASPEN including special operartions that includes cool wx ops, hot and heavy, V1's and our own mins and sop's to comply with that airport. So YES we do have special training for this airport.
Your worries should be for the lives of pax on the hands of 250hr wonders flying in there when the wx goes crap.

Just my $.02.

Did I miss something? Who has PFTers going into ASE?

Just my $.02.
At SKYW Captains do Aspen in the sim every 6 months. They usually fly into Aspen several times each month and the takeoff and landing are flown only by the captain.

At SKYW Captains do Aspen in the sim every 6 months. They usually fly into Aspen several times each month and the takeoff and landing are flown only by the captain.

It really all depends on the lines as far as how often we fly in and out, the lines in november only had you going in once, maybe twice during a three day, but now that the lax, sfo and ord flights have started most of the trips i saw had you going in at least once a day if not 3 times. Also, just to clarify, the captains land and the fo's takeoff, no switching.

Latest resources

Back