• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest to fly Aspen-ATL w/CR7's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
best thread in a long time! did you see the a$$ on that? yeah... he must work out...

O.K. so a couple of guys who claim to be intimately familiar with Aspen think that it is in California...WTF?

Okay here is the deal, I flew the avro into the beautiful aspen california airport. I have also done two missed approaches in actual (bad snow storm). It was by far the most frightening moments in my airline career (or for that matter ever). Now, from what i hear from experts at aspen, that no CRJ would make a balked landing while flying into that airport. One quote I heard was that it would be a matter of time before there is an accident. I also heard that the initial FISDO answer was no they cannot do it. Then they went to DC and asked someone higher up the chain and got the answer they wanted. So be warned. I for one will never take a crj into ASE

I've done it. The miss, the balk and extraction procedure and all with an engine pulled at idle and not putting the other at TOGA which would have been APR in that application. It requires alot of pre planning and responsibility, but it is by no means impossible. The procedures are well layed out and practiced and examined. Captains get a special Aspen PC every 6 mos. and of course FOs every year.

Harry: I can't believe we drove around all day, and there's not a single job in this town. There is nothing, nada, zip!
Lloyd: Yeah! Unless you wanna work forty hours a week.

Latest resources

Back