Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest taking ASA planes (non-union-taking union work)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well just 2 days ago 20 some people went from Captain back to F.O. because Skywest magt. is taking our airplanes to bust the union!! We have been in talks for over 4 years, so yes we have taken a pay cut and given our share to the down turn. The times have changed and making a boat load of money.

Magt. in America just keep taking more and more of our money, and want us to take a pay cut or they will just transfer the flying or work to someone else. We need to discourage this behavior !!

Skywest=union Busting

They aren't your planes scarlet! Skywest owns you and your planes and they will do with them as they please. Follow the history and you will see the future. Study the case of West Air and Sun Air. Also look at many other re-made commuters....Good luck...get out while you can!

Baja.

I guess the skywest pilots like being bottom-feeders. Until they vote yes for a union they will always be one of the scum sucker carriers

Unless the pilots at both carriers get together and act as one group, this will be just another Mesa/CC Air debacle.

I guess the skywest pilots like being bottom-feeders. Until they vote yes for a union they will always be one of the scum sucker carriers

You're so right. Look at all the good that unions have done at companies like Alaska, American, Continental, Delta, United, and USAir. No concessions, furloughs, bankruptices, cancelled pensions or lost flying there. Keep up the good work.

The reason SKW is getting ASA's flying is because Delta put it up for bid in a vain attemt to gain what will amount to minimal cost savings in the long run. So you should direct your anger and frustration at Delta, not SKW.

It's amazing the lengths that management will go to avoid having to pass the cost of doing business along to the customer.

The best thing for the profession would be for DL, NW, UA, AA, CO,and US Airways pilots to stand together and take back all flying 70 seats and above. We have allowed too many great paying jobs to be outsourced to the lowest bidder which hurts everyone in the long run. Flying 70-90 passenger jets should not be an entry level position paying $19.00/hr.

I agree Noserider....but while we're at it make it 50+ seats. BTW - do you prefer a 9'0 or 9'6?

Baja.

9-0 Stewart LSP is my weapon of choice. No disrespect intended in my previous post to any talented, hardworking aviators out there. This profession is in a death spiral and something needs to be done.

Latest resources

Back