Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest taking ASA planes (non-union-taking union work)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scarlet

ALPA is planning a big push for Skywest pilots to join. Skywest is offering their pilots alot of growth and a raise !!

Alot of Skywest pilots say they are not voting in favor of ALPA, but will fly ASA planes and routes !!

If SkyWest owns ASA, but Delta owns the airplanes, then whose airplanes are they really? The route's aren't ASA's any more than the airplanes are.

:D All that needs to be done is all of the "Union/Alpa" Majors/Cargo carriers should only hire Union pilots! If you don't belong to one....hope you enjoy flying an RJ your entire career! And their "Lame" inhouse yesmen crew does'nt count as a union either!

do you mean doesn't? maybe your union dues should have gone toward grammar classes. or is that union doos?

Last edited:
Hey folks,

I got a few questions for anyone willing to give an educated answer.

Is any pilot at ASA being furloughed or given lower pay because SkyWest is taking a small portion of their flying? Would SkyWest have won bids for those routes anyway if they had never bought ASA? I've never heard a single complaint from a SkyWest pilot about their QOL. The 50-seat pay on the 900 seems to be their only issue. Is ALPA really needed just to correct that?

Now don't get all your panties in a twist. I'm not asking any of this sarcastically. I know this is like talking about religion for most of you, but I'd like to see some of your thoughts on those questions.

g

SKYW is taking some of ASA's CRJ700s, true. Ever notice the N***BR CRJ200s showing up? They are replacing the 70's with these GECAS planes. I'm sure it's all perfectly legit too.

Latest resources

Back