Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest taking ASA planes (non-union-taking union work)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What? Huh? You have never heard a complaint from a SkyWest guy about QOL? Well let me be your first. There are about 2400 more of us that probably have a few gripes about QOL too.

What? Huh? You have never heard a complaint from a SkyWest guy about QOL? Well let me be your first. There are about 2400 more of us that probably have a few gripes about QOL too.

Yeah you'd be the first. But I've heard plenty of complaints about QOL/pay/etc from Mesa pilots which are ALPA members. What can ALPA really do for SkyWest? Just from a neutral observation it seems like they do alot more for the majors vs. regionals.

Yeah you'd be the first. But I've heard plenty of complaints about QOL/pay/etc from Mesa pilots which are ALPA members. What can ALPA really do for SkyWest? Just from a neutral observation it seems like they do alot more for the majors vs. regionals.
What are you talking about? SKYW managment has stated publicly that Mesa is their target for costs, how they gonna do that without cutting pay and workrules? I will tell you, I am complaining about the workrules and pay issues at this time and place. What can ALPA do for anyone? Nothing, the employee has to want to do something for themselves. Neutral? whatever you tell yourself to get through the night is ok. The major airline pilots seem to have a grasp on reality, I fly with F/Os who still state "I'm gonna get my 1000PIC and get hired at XYZ air, who cares about this place, I'm on my way out" I still see those guys slogging it out daily, getting '37 types to no avail.
5 years later. How many guys are standing in line for every mainline/freight job out there?
PBR

:D All that needs to be done is all of the "Union/Alpa" Majors/Cargo carriers should only hire Union pilots! If you don't belong to one....hope you enjoy flying an RJ your entire career! And their "Lame" inhouse yesmen crew does'nt count as a union either!

are you the same guy who wants to get hired by SWAPA? I am sure they would love to hear what you have to say. That's quite a contradiction don't you think? especially the "lame" inhouse yesmen union you talk about.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? SKYW management has stated publicly that Mesa is their target for costs, how they gonna do that without cutting pay and work rules? I will tell you, I am complaining about the work rules and pay issues at this time and place. What can ALPA do for anyone? Nothing, the employee has to want to do something for themselves. Neutral? whatever you tell yourself to get through the night is ok. The major airline pilots seem to have a grasp on reality, I fly with F/Os who still state "I'm gonna get my 1000PIC and get hired at XYZ air, who cares about this place, I'm on my way out" I still see those guys slogging it out daily, getting '37 types to no avail.
5 years later. How many guys are standing in line for every mainline/freight job out there?

So does SKYW have a unified employee culture strong enough to make big changes if ALPA is voted in? You make it sound like it doesn't. So in that case, is it worth it?

Like I said in my original post, I'm not trying to be sarcastic or rude. I'm just not a big fan of having blind faith in anything. I'd like to work for SKYW later down the road and, obviously, I'd like the best QOL/pay/rules possible. If ALPA is the answer to greater things for SKYW pilots then I'm all for it. I seriously hope the standards don't get lowered and I have no delusions of going into a regional for a quick 1000 turbine PIC and then moving right onto a major.

g

Last edited:
SKYW is taking some of ASA's CRJ700s, true. Ever notice the N***BR CRJ200s showing up? They are replacing the 70's with these GECAS planes. I'm sure it's all perfectly legit too.

Okay, maybe a dumb question but what are GECAS planes?

do you mean doesn't? maybe your union dues should have gone toward grammar classes. or is that union doos?

Dude, did they take the shift key off your keyboard when they gave you your grammar police badge? And what's the deal with the sentence fragments? Or am I missing your point.

Latest resources

Back