• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest takes Delta for Everything It's Got

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you think you are going to negotiate and industry leading contract sitting across the table from Jerry and Co. I would invite you to reread the above article.

Jon Rivoli said:
If you think you are going to negotiate and industry leading contract sitting across the table from Jerry and Co. I would invite you to reread the above article.

You got it backwards in your profile there. You mean 70 seats for 50 seat pay.

Here are a couple of quotes from the Delta-ASA contract (link at the bottom of the above web page). I had no idea Delta would even care to put something like this into the contract. It's too bad all the numbers are *** out...it would be nice to see that "cost box" we are actually playing in!

"ASA agrees that any pilot furloughed by Delta will be given preferential new hire opportunities at ASA if such pilot completes all new hire paper work, meets all new hire airman and medical qualifications, satisfies background checks and successfully completes an interview and employment process. ASA and Delta shall determine and implement mutually acceptable procedures and processes to effectuate the new hire opportunity commitment set forth above. Delta agrees to offer preferential interviews for employment to airmen employed by ASA."

And everyones favorite...

"ASA shall interview any graduate of the Delta Connection Academy who desires to interview with ASA for a pilot or first officer position."

Nothin new in that, other then I've said it all along, skywest mgnt aint no fool and I'm sure this deal was made BEFORE the DL CH11 file. SGU knows a good deal when one is there, they don't always go for it, but this one was hard to pass up.

And now, Mr. Lee, tell me agian how skywest is going away!

They sound crafty, and they have gotten your own SkyWest group bent over the barrel more than once. One rate for up to 99 seats? They sure got you on that one. A 1.2% pay increase (where is it anyway?)? They got you again. Man, you guys sure are lucky you have crafty management. They are laughing all the way to the bank, execpt now they have their own Vietnam War with the ASA pilots...........That will be fun.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey General,

Guess you prefer incompetent to crafty. Yep it takes some talent to run a company into bankrutpcy, doesn't it? At least they're not crafty, right?
Something tells me you may be bent over a barrel a lot longer than some of the guys you like to insult.

Dave Benjamin said:
Hey General,

Guess you prefer incompetent to crafty. Yep it takes some talent to run a company into bankrutpcy, doesn't it? At least they're not crafty, right?
Something tells me you may be bent over a barrel a lot longer than some of the guys you like to insult.

Dave,

I will still make 5 times more money and have a better schedule than you or anyone at SkyWest. (except Ron Reber....--He will make ten times more money than any pilot at SkyWest)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back