SkyWest TA passes...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
roadrunner said:
I think I just figured this discussion board out??! All of you holier than thou, take a stand for the industry, finger pointing, hiding behind a keyboard-tough guy clowns have nothing better to do than blame someone else for your own misfortune. This will be so convienient when you big tough talkin guys at chq get your little peckers slapped down by your own mgt when it comes time for your huge jet payraise. Your strike talk is a joke too. You dont have the balls to strike in these times. You'd run your little airline into the ground, then you'd all be out of jobs. You few individual bigmouths at CoEx and ASA can expect a lot of the same from your benevolent management teams. I'm sure Gordo is shaking in his Bruno Magli's at the thought of going head to head with the mighty union contingent at Xjet. ASA, you might do a little better because you are suckling from the teat of mama Delta. You're really not competing in the same arena as the independents. When all of you big talkers come crawling back in here whenever you dont get the big industry leading deal you think you're getting, it will be sooo convenient to blame SkyWest, AirWisc, and even Mesa for your own failures. It's called self-accountability ladies. Blame yourselves for your position in life, not someone else.

Ciao.
NO voting CRJ FO

roadrunner,

it's ok, I have broad shoulders. I can take it.

1 of the 451

AF:)

embdrvr said:
And an insult to our friends that suffered under Frank Lorenzo but I'm guessing you were in grade school when all that $hit was going down.
Clueless, absolutely frigging clueless.

Skywest management is the same as every other management out there today. I used Frankie, because I knew it would get a reaction. Nevertheless, the fact remains in both cases you end up flying bigger airplanes for no more compensation. Management is only concerned about their own bottom line, not their employees. That is why the fact they tricked you guys with this deal is so sad.

The difference is I see way too many of you guys that are all happy with your bean counters and want to give them high fives when you see them. The bottom line is I hope this serves as a wake-up call to all of you that they are just the same as the POS at Mesa, Comair, Xjet, etc... To them you are nothing more then glorified bus driver, so stop sucking the koolaid.

terryhfly said:
I don't know what you consider "gutted" but giving up a few dollars a month is not gutted to me. We still have better work rules then some bigger national airlines and most regional airlines.

I don't want to crucify you, but I won't let you cop-out either. A "few dollars a month"? Not gutted? Really?

You have agred to pay for your captains in the BAE 146 that is lower by $3-$5/hr than we get in the CRJ-70. How many people does your 146 carry .... 100?

You do not have any 70-seat RJs. Nevertheless, you have undercut our Captain rates (we DO have this aircraft) by $8/hr at the 5 yr level, $11/hr at the 10 yr level and nearly $20/hr at the 18/yr level. Additionally, you have undercut our FO's in the same aircraft by and average of more that $7/hr. I won't even bother outlining the 50-seat jet.

This is an airplane that you don't even have so I don't see how you call that "giving up a few dollars a month". Do you think we're going to consider it a few dollars a month if we are forced to match you? You have literally shafted us by thousands of dollars per year for each crewmember that fly this aircraft. Why? Give me one good reason why you did that? You don't even have the airplane, so it has to be greed. You want it, so you will shaft those who have it in an effort to get it.

The people at SkyWest have essentially done the same and the people at ACA are planning to do it as we speak.

I don't expect any of you to kiss my butt, but wheter you like it or whether you don't, the fact remains that you have screwed us for no dam*ed reason other than fear and cowardice.

Thanks. I'm sure we'll live to appreciate your "few dollars per month". As for your work rules, they're no better than mine.

You make it hard for me to call you brother when you do us like that. Maybe, just maybe I could understand if you had any real reason, but you don't. The only three possible reasons are greed (growth), fear and cowardice.

The downturn in the economy has not done this to AirWisconsin. That just isn't true. It also has not done it to SkyWest or to ACA. All three of you are making money.

I think we should stop throwing rocks at you because its over and there's nothing we can do about it. But when you come on here defending what you have done, that's just too much.

There IS no defense and there is also NO EXCUSE! Mesa at least had and excuse, but you all do not.

Define great-
It's a job, workin' for the man.
Wake up, go to Home Depot at least you will have something to retire with.
You will not at SKYWEST!
VOTED NO and still pi$$ed.
Buh,Bye

The vote was a joke....we got played hard on this....why would our management say that they needed to nail down costs to get a new contract with UAL, give us a 18 month TA and sign an 11 year contract? Methinks that our pay rates didnt have much to do with that new contract....just how much the execs portfolio gets padded!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back