• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest stock?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Word around the campfire is that the TED operation is for sale? Soup can you can still bring my gear up and do the walk around for me.

Give me a break....like any pilot at Skywest has any say in what their pay is. What do you want them to do? Walk off the job? If that is the case, why doesn't every underpaid pilot at every regional walk off the job? We are all allowing the bar to be lowered, not just pilots at Skywest.

Soup can, I think these guys have you pegged pretty well, but I have to respond to your tirade. You shouldn't confine your view of concessionary pilot groups to the regionals. Aside from SWA, who hasn't taken concessions? I agree that the 70-seat pay at SkyWest is atrocious. It's an insult. That's why I, and many pilots like me, don't bid it. If you don't bid it, they won't award it to you. Every pilot I know at SkyWest that flies the 70 chose to do so by bidding 70-seat lines. I think it's very short-sighted to do this for a decent line, or to get off reserve, but it happens.

If you are a J4J guy, you really have no moral high-ground on which to stand while insulting other regionals.

PBRstreetgang said:
Yeah right,
SKYW is the problem! Ya think einstein? The whole regional thing is the problem and guess what? You are a large part of it, it's real easy to point fingers when you don't have any clue as to the solution. By your a/c list I can see you are a larger part of the problem rather than part of the solution, seems you have every bottom feeder a/c ribbon/medal listed in your profile. How 'bout instead of spouting drivel that all of the other pinheads spout you come up with some original stuff. I was trolling for info, how 'bout some sources for you statments?
PBR

I gonna have to disagree. As long as Skywest Pilots have the pay scale they are on now where they will be flying 90 seaters for 50 seat pay, then you are lowering the bar. Call it what you will. But its still lowering the bar. When you guy get a new agreement then I'll retract my statement. As for source read the internet, plenty of press releases out there, just gotta look vato. I'll come back and chat later, got planes to fly.

Einstein
OUT!

It's not even worth your time to argue over the SKYW pay scales with a SKYW employee. Most are so far out of the loop on how this industry works that they think it's cool that they are flying 70 seat jets and getting paid 50 seat rates. I'm sure they would love to fly a 190 for the same rates. SKYW is full of employees that just don't get the fact that they are forcing pay cuts on all current and future 700 and 190 pilots. Great work guys and keep up the good work!

Truckdriver said:
It's not even worth your time to argue over the SKYW pay scales with a SKYW employee. Most are so far out of the loop on how this industry works that they think it's cool that they are flying 70 seat jets and getting paid 50 seat rates. I'm sure they would love to fly a 190 for the same rates. SKYW is full of employees that just don't get the fact that they are forcing pay cuts on all current and future 700 and 190 pilots. Great work guys and keep up the good work!

Maybe you need to go drive trucks instead of writing your F_UPED comments! ALL SKYW Care about PAY, DO WE HAVE A CHOICE ? NO CONTROL of what happens. NO union yet, but will come later. THose e170 guys now are doing the same! They don't get paid enough either. I'm sure you paysacle sucks too. One union for all regional pilots will stop the trend, but that won't happen due to all the little B_TC_H_S that cry all day on the forum.

Truckdriver said:
You sure have a lot of insight into the minds of another pilot group. Could you channel your mind reading into stock prediction? This is my third airline, so you could say that I have a little knowledge of the industry.

To speculate on an answer to the original question, it might be interesting to have a look at the bank statements of some of the 4th and 5th cousins of the powers that be in SGU. Did cousin Ed suddenly come into a few million dollars and a stock tip? Maybe a little "outsider" insider trading going on in anticipation of some big announcement?

It sure seems like a lot of stock activity and price increase for "business as usual," doesn't it?

I agree the 70 seat pay at 50 seat rate is wrong, but by allowing (or should I say,by having no option of taking) this abuse we have allowed something big to be announced. Lets hope it is worth it.

Latest resources

Back