Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Black Water Dog said:
My bet is that plane is RC.
Current position doggystyle? And a picture of a dog? Who cares who fly's what when you're broadcasting yourself that way!!

Luv,
Crack

Bluto said:
Soup can, I think these guys have you pegged pretty well, but I have to respond to your tirade. You shouldn't confine your view of concessionary pilot groups to the regionals. Aside from SWA, who hasn't taken concessions? I agree that the 70-seat pay at SkyWest is atrocious. It's an insult. That's why I, and many pilots like me, don't bid it. If you don't bid it, they won't award it to you. Every pilot I know at SkyWest that flies the 70 chose to do so by bidding 70-seat lines. I think it's very short-sighted to do this for a decent line, or to get off reserve, but it happens.

If you are a J4J guy, you really have no moral high-ground on which to stand while insulting other regionals.

There is no "choosing" to fly the 700 in ORD anymore. Training is required, and there are only two 200 lines next month.

Soup Can and others have a narrow view of where to place blame. Nobody with a Skywest ID will be able to change that right now. Don't waste your time.

SGU is using the "ace" we rubber-stamped to gain ground that other companies lose. Problem is...this hurts us in the long-run too.

To Mr. wiseguy

nimtz said:
The above represents exactly why I believe the Skywest Pilot Group will continue to be ZERO help to the future of this profession at the small jet level. Boy I hope it's worth it too pal. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to replace more UAL narrowbody flying by even getting to fly an Airbus yourself!

YOu guys that see things right over there best get every last hour of 'Turbine PIC' and pray somebody hires you asap. With numbnuts like this in your group you can plan on many years of doing whatever Jerry wants. I hope for everyone's sake this guys is a flamer.

You talk about future of what profession?
R-E-G-I-O-N-A-L pilot. That is what you and I signed the doted line for buddy. So what is your whinning about? Didnt you know what were you getting into when you interviewed? Yeah right!

Here, let me break reality to you. There is no union here, Jerry does what he pleases with his airline, the pilot group is very diverse in opinion, and no one knows what is going to happen in the future.

Some pilots want to leave now that they have the PIC, some want to stay with an airline that posts profits, some just ride the waves, and some others want change for the better. To each its own.

I just hope to see something being done that benefits our pilot group after giving managment cheap 70-seat flying. Because if it does not happen, believe me... change will be inevitable.

You are not here at SKW, so I suggest for you to write about your quest to better "this industry", and not to bash on people, and things you know nothing about.

And by the way... "your mom goes to college"

Last edited:
difete said:
You talk about future of what profession?
R-E-G-I-O-N-A-L pilot. That is what you and I signed the doted line for buddy. So what is your whinning about? Didnt you know what were you getting into when you interviewed? Yeah right!

Go back to your memory items junior. When I was hired it was get your time and get out to one of the majors hiring. I was hired by a C-O-M-M-U-T-E-R. Back then the 50 seater had just started to become an open wound, but mainline guys were not replaced by the 50 seaters at my airline until post 9/11. With the cancer of the 70 and now (god forbid) 90 seaters we see Guppies parked and directly replaced by 'regional jets'. I never signed up for that and thanfully neither has my pilot group.

difete said:
Here, let me break reality to you. There is no union here, Jerry does what he pleases with his airline, the pilot group is very diverse in opinion, and no one knows what is going to happen in the future.

It is utterly pathetic that 80% of your pilot group gave an endorsement to Jerry to freeze the 70 seat pay at 50 seat levels. This was about the worst precedent set after 9/11 at our level. The fact that a successful collective bargaining drive still has not succeed is also pathetic.

difete said:
I just hope to see something being done that benefits our pilot group after giving managment cheap 70-seat flying. Because if it does not happen, believe me... change will be inevitable.

Umm your company operates 32 CRJ-700's. The 'bad precedent' already got the growth that probably lead to you getting hired, because it sure wasn't attrition. How many more benefits you want for all your 'hard' sacrifices?

That's great you will sacririce so much for growth so you can get that valuable turbine PIC. Nevermind the Guppies such valued growth sends to the desert. Good luck thinking you are competitive at FedEx, LUV, or UPS with the magical 1000 PIC.

difete said:
You are not here at SKW, so I suggest for you to write about your quest to better "this industry", and not to bash on people, and things you know nothing about.

I obviously know more about your company's last three years then you have demonstrated. Good luck 'getting something' for all your hard efforts newbie. I'm sure you'll get all large jets you can possibly handle and get that valued two year upgrade you so desperatly seek. After all at your price everyone is willing to buy.

Latest resources

Back