Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rchcfi

How slow can you go
So I just got a text from a friend of mine there and am hearing that pilots are leaving for other opportunities to the tune of 10-15 per month. When I left, OO was understaffed and people were being worked to the bone. I heard that June/July were going to be the busiest months ever for the company as well. My buddy is currently sitting reserve and crediting 120+ hours per month and getting very tired. Has the company seen the trend of folks leaving and made arrangements, or have they completely been caught off guard?

maybe both, EMB capts are being offered to be right seat trained, just for 2 months (or at least thats what we are told).

So I just got a text from a friend of mine there and am hearing that pilots are leaving for other opportunities to the tune of 10-15 per month. When I left, OO was understaffed and people were being worked to the bone. I heard that June/July were going to be the busiest months ever for the company as well. My buddy is currently sitting reserve and crediting 120+ hours per month and getting very tired. Has the company seen the trend of folks leaving and made arrangements, or have they completely been caught off guard?

Skywest has lost 48 pilots in the past 12 months. The month of May they had their biggest lost in years of 8 pilots leaving in a single month. Your friend may of been basing his figures on that one month lose in May but it hasn't been a trend...yet.

The FAA has put on the hard sell specifically to the FOs when sitting in the jumpseat. In the past 60 days, I have had 3 feds in the jump, telling of all the retirements of older inspectors, and the salaries offered were double what these FO's were making, plus home nearly every night.

Sign me up! I hear one tell me it's next to impossible to compete against a military background though.

Just asking here, but how does a pilot fly 120 hours a month in the face of the regs that say max of 100hrs in 30 days???

Just courious?

He said credit 120hrs a month not flight time. Have alot of DHD's or good soft time will do it pretty easily at least with our contract couldn't tell you about the skywest contract.

Just asking here, but how does a pilot fly 120 hours a month in the face of the regs that say max of 100hrs in 30 days???

Just courious?

I think the EMB is still grandfathered in from the old 135 rules. They also have I think 34/7 insted of the 30/7 restriction

I'm about 35% from the bottom and have only gone up 20 in the past year....

SkyWest block hours are to increase in July and August by 10,000 followed by an overall decrease in the fall of 30,000. They're just trying to get through to the fall, when VLOAs will be offered again and line credits will be reduced-again.

lots of soft time pay at SkyWest. I think I heard average pilot credits 1200 hours per year. That includes vacation, training, DH pay, min. day on one leg flown, standups, etc.

Latest resources

Back