• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Staffing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wtf? sign me up. If I were a skywest captain I would take that temporary FO position as vacation. no more decisions for 2 months. just sit back and relax and enjoy the view.

lots of soft time pay at SkyWest. I think I heard average pilot credits 1200 hours per year. That includes vacation, training, DH pay, min. day on one leg flown, standups, etc.

1200 would be on the high end, for people who like working 20 days out of the month. I bet the average is more like 1000 a year. I credited 835 hours in the last year on the Brasilia. I'm a line holder, but I usually drop down to about 70 hours a month in order to get the days off I want and make our god awful trips somewhat bearable.

My best month at SkyWest was 182 hrs credit. I was an FO flying with a checkairman. I was displaced 11 out of my 15 ASE standups and paid 95 hrs credit. After officially displaced (72hrs prior to the trip) I would pick up another standup on the same night as my displaced ASE standups. I got paid for both standups. On my days off, I'd pick up JRM (junior man trips...Time and a half pay). Each JRM trip multiplied out (ie: 5 hr local equaled 7.5 credit, plus my displaced ASE standups and my picked up standups) gave me 182 hours credit. As an ASE FO, I was getting 22 days off a month and the guaranteed 83 hrs credit per "unwritten" policy to fly ASE. I would only block around 55 hrs. With 45 hrs block and 22 days off to play with, I'd pick up more trips and averaged 130hrs credit as an ASE FO. Those were the good days. Now on reserve, I am breaking guarantee and making 95-105hrs credit per month. Just spoke with another DEN Reserve CA that did 125 credit last month. As mentioned above, SkyWest has alot of soft pay. NOT, just what you block. That's why our W2s have historically been higher than other carriers, even though our hourly rates may be lower. Hope that answers your questions.

He said credit 120hrs a month not flight time. Have alot of DHD's or good soft time will do it pretty easily at least with our contract couldn't tell you about the skywest contract.

haaa! he said "skywest" and "contract"...together.

Wtf? sign me up. If I were a skywest captain I would take that temporary FO position as vacation. no more decisions for 2 months. just sit back and relax and enjoy the view.
Wait isn't that what you do now? Just fill the right seat so the L/R balance isn't off. I think I hit that nail on the head in a previous post.But alas you aren't a SKYW Captain, you are a goatjhet f/o working for hulas, oh the irony!
PBR

Latest resources

Back