skywest question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cyork25

what can a person expect to make yearly at skywest as a FO and as a captain?

i have read the hourly pay scales, i was just wondering what your personal experiences were.

My FO's only been here two months and is sitting reserve and the last check after taxes, medical, ect.. was a whopping $500.00. I'm not sure what her exact deductions were though. When I started at around $17/hr my monthly pay on reserve was $1333.00. The first year sucks. I've been here 5 years and I'm on reserve as an RJ captain and I'm estimating around $84,000 for the year. My hourly wage is $65.25. A minimum paycheck for me sitting reserve is around $2400, $1900 after taxes and stuff. I've obviously not been sitting on my butt much this year. Averaging 72 hours flying and 92 hours of credit per month. Credit is what are pay is based on. We get paid twice a month on the 7th and 22nd with our pay periods running the 1-15th, 16-month end. Hope this helps.

edit: I got the $84,000 by doubling my first six months gross of $42,400. The credit average was calculated since yesterday. The quicky math may not add up until you include some overtime at $94.93/hr. and no I don't have any secrets to getting more per diem. The first six months came to about $3000.

Last edited:
Averaging 92 hours per month at your pay rate will make you $72,000 on the year, not including per diem. If your making $12,000/year in per diem I want to know your secret.

As a first year FO (hired the first week in Jan) I spent 1.5 months in training 4.5 months on reserve, picked up extra flying where I could and made $24,000.

Second year as an EMB FO for a bit and then transitioning to the RJ I made that much my first 7 months. It helps that we've been a bit short-staffed and lots of flying is available at time and a half. If you can work the system you can bring home some good cash. Second year RJ FO rate is $34.54 with $1.60 per diem, and I expect to bring in 40 to 45,000 this year.

Last edited:
I made around $27,000 my first year. . . Three months on reserve, and I really worked the system (picking up jr man, etc. . .). I think I averaged 110+ credit per month.

sat one month on reserve - didnt come close to breaking the 75 hrs. lines since then 95 - 110 credit. Checks are about 1200 every two weeks. Not the worst, but I do have a countdown to second year pay.

That is good. I like Skywest, hopefully I will hear from them this fall, and get on their wagon. Heard there will be some good hiring this fall.

So have the used up most of the hiring pool? I know there were quite a few swimmers, especially in the Brasilia. Anyone know hiring plans for the next 6 months? Will people be going to both the Bra and the RJ, or mostly just RJ?
Any word on converting more options to firm?

skywav8r said:
Averaging 72 hours flying and 92 hours of credit per month.
Pardon my ignorance, but what is credit and how do you end up with more credit than hours flown?

Thanks,
Dave

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back