• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Will it stay like that? I have a friend who has been on the line in ORD for 3 months, and she says that she cant see any end to reserve, and all movement has come to a screeching hault.

Nope. I got hired at into like the second class of the wave. But per VA uprgrades are starting June 30. So i would assume movement to follow.

Supposed to hire approximately 400 the rest of this year...so goes the latest rumor from JA. Believe it when I actually hear of new classes. Check the recruitment events and there are none for April...so if true, something big is coming down the line and we will have classes of approx 50+ soon on top of being over staffed. Again, I will believe it when I see/hear it.

Supposed to hire approximately 400 the rest of this year...so goes the latest rumor from JA. Believe it when I actually hear of new classes. Check the recruitment events and there are none for April...so if true, something big is coming down the line and we will have classes of approx 50+ soon on top of being over staffed. Again, I will believe it when I see/hear it.
Not to state the obvious here but...I think everyone is in wait and see mode until Mesa's June note payment comes due.

Not to state the obvious here but...I think everyone is in wait and see mode until Mesa's June note payment comes due.

Does SKYW have the people and planes to step in should Mesa implode? Relatively quickly?

Also, apologies about the 'Sky-West-I-Zation'. Didn't realize I was plagiarizing... :) However, since I'm in the mode of borrowing things from SkyWesters, think y'all could send some of those patented 18-22 year old, hot, blond FA's over for some extended ATR familiarization?

That's the biggest impact on my QOL...laying awake sleepless at night worrying about my tenuous employment status. Actually, Not. Most americans are at-will employees...I was in all my previous jobs (except mesa). SKW doesn't fire many people...you have to have multiple non-innocent problems, or get caught lying to them.

If they fire you unjustly, you can always sue them.

Middle-of-the-road seniority, 17 days off lately, averages 15.

That's the biggest impact on my QOL...laying awake sleepless at night worrying about my tenuous employment status. Actually, Not. Most americans are at-will employees...I was in all my previous jobs (except mesa). SKW doesn't fire many people...you have to have multiple non-innocent problems, or get caught lying to them.

If they fire you unjustly, you can always sue them.

Middle-of-the-road seniority, 17 days off lately, averages 15.

I was not my fact because of the possible impact on QOL although a credible case can be made. I was just trying to set the record straight. Many posters here mention "SKW contract" when in fact the only one at SKW with a contract is JA.

As for the, "...multiple non-innocent problems, or get caught lying to them. If they fire you unjustly, you can always sue them"comment, DD prove that already. I'm sure he can tell us what he had to endure and how much he had to spend on legal fees to try to get his job back.

I was not my fact because of the possible impact on QOL although a credible case can be made. I was just trying to set the record straight. Many posters here mention "SKW contract" when in fact the only one at SKW with a contract is JA.

As for the, "...multiple non-innocent problems, or get caught lying to them. If they fire you unjustly, you can always sue them"comment, DD prove that already. I'm sure he can tell us what he had to endure and how much he had to spend on legal fees to try to get his job back.

Hey Nevets,

Have you ever worked at SkyWest? No? Maybe you should let the people with firsthand information explain what they know rather than your second or third-hand information.

I don't think that the original poster was asking for the opinion of an XE pilot that has never worked here. I've never worked at XE...so I won't try to tell people how it is over there. Deal?

Glad you're happy over at XE. Guess what though? We're happy over here too.

Nevets, DD got his job back with retro and legal fees. Doesn't make it right and I am not defending our only course of action after all other inhouse (weak) actions fail, just setting the record straight.

Latest resources

Back