• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like any airline its all about seniority. Top 20% (18 mnths) in ORD will get you 16+ days off with about 85-90 credit. I have personally never been re-flowed or even asked to do a JM. If your senior enough you can leave ORD on day 1 of a 4 day a go to west coast until your last day.With our schedule alteration software you can alter your schedule even down to 62 hours without using vacation or user time. most trips average out to be around 5.5 hours a day. Could of have been better with ALPA. Reserve on the other hand is like a whole different airline...

3:45 min day
Full deadhead pay
No involuntary Junior Manning
1.5 for open time pickup
Block or better
Leg by Leg cancellation pay
Will it stay like that? I have a friend who has been on the line in ORD for 3 months, and she says that she cant see any end to reserve, and all movement has come to a screeching hault.

I like it here.

That being said, after 5 years, there are some 'issues'. If you like to work, you'll be happier than those who don't on reserve. Though, either way seniority is abrogated regularly. Get in good with Crew Support. I'm NOT kidding about that. (no contract sucks and it means you make your own bed here...and even that may not be enough if someone doesn't like you). Don't know how someone is getting a minimum of 11 days off a month "even on reserve". I've had plenty of 10 day off months during my 2 years as a reserve FO and 1.2 years as a reserve Captain. Again, I'm happy here, but the truth is...it's a job...and it's going to suck your QOL at times. Other places are better, other places are worse. I came to SkyWest because I can live closer to the NorthWest and the "policies" weren't bad.

Always had at least 11 days off a month? Fantastic, that sure was nice of them. Don't you have a min days off a month in your contract...

That's a pretty bold statement. Chicagoland is out by itself, now what the guys do on the East coast is truly impressive, despite the delays.

Sorry to threadjack, I don't have any useful info in QOL at Skywest. All I know is I'm guaranteed a MIN of 12 days off a month regardless of the line type.

Thanks for providing some useful information to the threadstarter...other than the usual "pissing" match.

Skywest is the best company ever! Can I have some more of this kool-aid now?

I didn't say they were the best company ever. Every regional has their own issues. I was relating my personal experiences to try to help the threadstarter.

I decided years ago the probability of a 6 figure income is not the most plausible outcome in this business, so rather than complain about how horrible the compensation was and live in denile that I am worthy of a salary in a position any person can be trained to do, I developed my own home business and with the ability to use SkyWest's QOL systems, I never see less than 17 days a month off and a combined income of over 70k a year (more than enough to live comfortable.) My advice, come to SKyWest if you enjoy flying but find other means to satisfy you desire for big paychecks because in this industry, those days are ending. Be prepared.

Latest resources

Back