SkyWest QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Nevets,

Have you ever worked at SkyWest? No? Maybe you should let the people with firsthand information explain what they know rather than your second or third-hand information.

I don't think that the original poster was asking for the opinion of an XE pilot that has never worked here. I've never worked at XE...so I won't try to tell people how it is over there. Deal?

Glad you're happy over at XE. Guess what though? We're happy over here too.

Just stating facts. I was only setting the record straight. Made no comments on QOL at SKW.

Nevets, DD got his job back with retro and legal fees. Doesn't make it right and I am not defending our only course of action after all other inhouse (weak) actions fail, just setting the record straight.

Correct, I should have mentioned that he got retro and legal fees paid. But he did have to spend legal fees up front without knowing whether he would succeed. I didn't mean to mislead. I apologize.

I decided years ago the probability of a 6 figure income is not the most plausible outcome in this business, so rather than complain about how horrible the compensation was and live in denile that I am worthy of a salary in a position any person can be trained to do, I developed my own home business and with the ability to use SkyWest's QOL systems, I never see less than 17 days a month off and a combined income of over 70k a year (more than enough to live comfortable.) My advice, come to SKyWest if you enjoy flying but find other means to satisfy you desire for big paychecks because in this industry, those days are ending. Be prepared.

Not making 6 figures? Maybe you should do a little more research. I made 70k at skywest last year just with one job and you had to do it with TWO!!!????

I didn't say they were the best company ever. Every regional has their own issues. I was relating my personal experiences to try to help the threadstarter.

Yeah and one problem right now is still employee retention. I'm almost 60% up the list and moved up about 15 numbers in the last month. People leave because it's mediocre at best. Once you upgrade here you've effectively top out in pay. Yes if i stay another 20 years i'll make 100k but with inflation that will be more like 90k or less in 20 years. People think they get pay raises here but no raise since i've been here has ever come close to what inflation has taken away. Im not asking for QOL adjustments equaling inflationary rises but 1% is flat out SAD. Along with the many monthly changes made to work rules around here make it mediocre. By the way employee retention was brought up at one of the quarterly meetings but seem to be very smoothly brushed under the rug be management.

Not making 6 figures? Maybe you should do a little more research. I made 70k at skywest last year just with one job and you had to do it with TWO!!!????

You didn't do with 18 days off. I'm an FO. 70k a year pretty hard to do on 18 days off at 35.00hr. Sure after upgrade Ill have the ability to make 100+. Id rather be home but if you need 100+ a year to be happy, you need a broader mind and more ambition. But thanks Im glad to know the option for the pay in flying is here.

Last edited:
You didn't do with 18 days off. I'm an FO. 70k a year pretty hard to do on 18 days off at 35.00hr. Sure after upgrade Ill have the ability to make 100+. Id rather be home but if you need 100+ a year to be happy, you need a broader mind and more ambition. But thanks Im glad to know the option for the pay in flying is here.

hmm then i guess those ratings you have listed are sic ratings?

Does SKYW have the people and planes to step in should Mesa implode? Relatively quickly?

Also, apologies about the 'Sky-West-I-Zation'. Didn't realize I was plagiarizing... :) However, since I'm in the mode of borrowing things from SkyWesters, think y'all could send some of those patented 18-22 year old, hot, blond FA's over for some extended ATR familiarization?
I'm pretty sure we have the people...from what I understand, we're pretty fat on reserves (both pilots and F/A's) right now. The planes...that could be the issue. I think we are all waiting to see what UAL wants to do if/when that little cockroach of an airline ever dies. I personally feel we are well positioned to take what they need of us...assuming we can hammer out new aircraft utilization schedules pretty quickly.

Feel free to plagiarize...hell, I'm impressed you spelled "plagiarizing" correctly. Bonus points there.

By all means, borrow whatever you need...I guess we can't horde them all...just stay away from the little hottie blond SKW F/A I'm chasing at the moment. :D

Last edited:
You are a Captain correct? If so 70K should be easy to make.

Latest resources

Back