Skywest Poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Response to chperplt

It looks like the AVERAGE time for the new class in session now is just short of 2400 with 1070 in multi. That would put chperplt a little below average for the class. We have several with solid military experience as well as those with experience from other regionals.

No word on domiciles for this class for a while yet.

Does anyone know how much weight the point system puts on recency of experience?

I would love to get an interview, but I'm at a loss. I have more time than the average noted on the previous post, including some Part 121 PIC. If anyone wants to speculate as to what it takes, or in that case wants to throw a letter of recommendation my way.;), let me know.

Has anyone heard of any new classes in the coming months? A buddy in CRJ transitioning said that the plan is 400 new pilots this year. Hopefully more classes will mean more hiring!!!

Also, I saw today that American Eagle is going to start flying some Delta stuff out of LAX in the slaabs...what's up with that???

I think a good ballpark figure would be 200-300 in 2002. We have a newhire class in session now.

The Delta-Eagle thing has been going on. I think there is a provision of our agreement with United that keeps SkyWest from doing the Delta Connection work at LAX. I think you will find that on those Eagle flights at LAX, there are other code shares on board the same aiplane as Delta passengers - that is, it is not a dedicated Delta Connection flight.

What I hear is the class may or may not, it all depends on what United is going to do with us and with thereselves. I know the stuff out of PDX is getting less and going more to FAT crews. The rumor around the airport is that LAX could be a RJ base along with DAL by the end of the year, and the smaller bases will be shutting down to make mega bases like Comair or ASA has. So the picture could like LAX, PSP, FAT, and DEN for United and SLC, DAL for Delta. But who knows this stuff changes daily. Good luck coming to SkyWest it is worth the wait. There is no better Regional out there!

KFFA

Latest resources

Back