Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Palmtree Pilot said:
What good fight!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?

So now you to get screw by your mgnt again! ALPA may be evil, but at least you have something to fight with!!

SCREW ALPA!

Start your own inhouse union under the RLA. Then you won't have to worry about getting f'd over by both the company and your National union.

General Lee said:
My ATL to HNL 6 day trips should be nice this Winter.

Bye Bye--General Lee

And how is sitting in a hotel room in HNL posting on FlightInfo different from doing it anywhere else?

regionaltard said:
And how is sitting in a hotel room in HNL posting on FlightInfo different from doing it anywhere else?

ROTFLMAO!!!!

synchoff said:
SCREW ALPA!

Start your own inhouse union under the RLA. Then you won't have to worry about getting f'd over by both the company and your National union.

In house union. LOL. That would be very effective. You could collect enough in dues to have pizza party every fiscal quarter.

How do you propose funding aeromedical. legal. representation, legislation/lobbying, E&FA, Research, Air Safety, etc, etc, etc.

Based on what do you issue a blanket statement like " Screw ALPA". Obviously it is not extensive exposure and experience in the airline arena.

Puck Mugger said:
In house union. LOL. That would be very effective. You could collect enough in dues to have pizza party every fiscal quarter.

How do you propose funding aeromedical. legal. representation, legislation/lobbying, E&FA, Research, Air Safety, etc, etc, etc.

Based on what do you issue a blanket statement like " Screw ALPA". Obviously it is not extensive exposure and experience in the airline arena.

Well, gee, where is their aeromedical, legal, representation, legislation/lobbying, E&FA, Research, Air Safety, etc. etc. now? Duh, they don't have any!!!!!

You have to start somewhere and sure the beginning may suck a$$ but I think an in-house union is better for a regional than ALPA. As a matter of fact, it would be nice to have a regional level national union. It has to start somewhere.

I'm impressed with the SkyWest pilots' vote and proud to be on board. Any chance the ALPA members at ASA can join SAPA. I'm only half joking...

ALPA spends so much on their National Bureaucracy and fighting lawsuits that their mainline MECs' get them in to that I don't think ALPA National is the fiscal powerhouse it might have been. After all, every couple of years a mainline lawsuit gets going and cleans them out for some kind of malfeasance. Miller v. ALPA (mainline Delta pilots sued ALPA) and Duke v. ALPA, the settlements from sexual harassment complaints out of the Delta MEC and I think ALPA even defended one of the Delta MEC's income tax audit.

Unless ALPA grows a pair and starts fighting alter ego proliferation by acting as a union (bringing pilots together) it will be time to dump the worthless organization.

Last edited:
synchoff said:
SCREW ALPA!

This was attempted about a year and a half ago. The big problem here is funding. The day you vote in a inhouse union you have Zero $$ in the bank to start working on a new contract. With all the problems with ALPA they are still the one with the resources available to help get the ball rolling. I think during the last union drive someone mentioned that it would cost several million to get the first contract done.

I don't see what's so wrong about General Lee's comments...
He's right about T.F. and it's true that there's too many Kool-Aid drinkers in SGU.
You can debate any points he makes, but I don't think childish answers will prove him wrong.

Having said that, I'm glad the NO vote made it by a big margin, and can't wait to see what RR and BH will have to say about it (probably another dooms day speech).

So Cal:

So lets say ASA and SkyWest have 4,000 pilots with an average income of $50,000. ( I think the average with senior Captains is a lot higher at ASA, but I like easy math )

A 2% dues assessment nets $4,000,000.00 a year. We should be able to do better than ALPA does with their investments since we don't have to play in Kitty Hawk, the offshore accounts, ULICO and other AFL-CIO schemes.

I'm thinking we are close to a critical mass. Probably there are quite a few other carriers who are willing to let the Delta and NW boys have the union they hijacked with the United Pilots. The Continental, Northwest and FedEx guys will remain. But I bet Mesaba, whats left of the US Air Wholly Owneds, Eagle, CHQ and perhaps COEX would consider joining the party.

Even better, lets get the SkyWest pilots in ALPA, try to get the COEX guys away from Duane's golden cool aid and see if we can organize a take over of ALPA at the next BOD :) Let's Roll! :O

Actually sounds like a good plan!

If it wasn't for the high start up cost I would prefer something similiar to an inhouse like Southwest but just don't see it happening.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back