Skywest Pilots Uphold CAL scope!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RSRVWINDSURFR

Finally some pilots with some balls! SKYW flt 1115 from DFW-IAH cnx today due to CAL flight # on flight (which goes against our arbitration award.) Pilots refused to fly flight. Now, if ALL pilots could grow a spine like these guys did, we would all be doing so much better.

Excellent job, guys!:beer:

Finally some pilots with some balls! SKYW flt 1115 from DFW-IAH cnx today due to CAL flight # on flight (which goes against our arbitration award.) Pilots refused to fly flight. Now, if ALL pilots could grow a spine like these guys did, we would all be doing so much better.

It does take a spine to do that. I just hope he keeps his job. I've heard of Skywest guys losing their jobs for far less than that.

Pretty clear. SKYW pilots have been getting a hard time since this was announced....They were denied jump seats, been called the S word, told that they need to refuse the flying or not bid that base......And other than name calling what has the CAL pilot group done. Are they flying SAFE, or refusing to fly because of it........Nope just asking someone else to do the heavy lifting.....As a Furloughed UAL guy I sure hope CAL guys are ready to fight there own battle when it comes to it...... I have many friends at CAL and most share my point or view!

My hat is off to them. Way to go guys! If only half the pilot group had the balls those guys have things would be different.

Airways operates 8 190s that are owned by RAH. When will Airways pilots uphold the scope of the RAH pilots?

/I'll see your standard and double it.

Sorry Paulsalem, don't follow you there. As I said, I think its great that the crew did that. My fear though is that their decision will end up as a noble gesture, but ultimately will cost them their job.

If you'd like to discuss Airway's scope and RAH I'd love to do it in another thread.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back