• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest pilot tool rides a belt loader

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's actually not true. Common misconception. Any injury that occurs during your employment would be covered as OJI.

Still doesn't account for making fun of this guy. He MAY be a tool, but based on this video, he is just enthusiastic and getting the job done. I have flown with quite a few that could learn from that video. Personal attacks reflect more on the sender than the receiver.

BFD. Wow they cover your medical bills for OJI but what about earnings? Not a chance. Even most disability for pilots is basically bending over without lube. I've been screwed over with an OJI within my job description and its a cluster. My attorney advisers that you should never do anything outside your job description because it WILL eventually bite you in the ass.

Sorry, but taking an extra step to keep your pax moving is what helps you move up in the world.

Some people go to work for $25 an hour. Some people go to work for the company. Going to work for the company doesn't mean you let them walk on you, but who do you think wins in the long run?

Sorry, but taking an extra step to keep your pax moving is what helps you move up in the world.

Some people go to work for $25 an hour. Some people go to work for the company. Going to work for the company doesn't mean you let them walk on you, but who do you think wins in the long run?

Company . Company pockets the bonus while they force you concessions. Ontime performance: they pocket bonuses. Don't do other people's job plain and simple.

That's actually not true. Common misconception. Any injury that occurs during your employment would be covered as OJI.

Wrong. If you go outside of your job description and get injured doing it, the company's OJI insurer will deny the claim, and you get bupkis. This has happened to many pilots.

So does Skywest assign rampers to meet the flights? Where are they? Taking a break or somewhere else killing time goofing off? What do you think is going to happen if every time thy dont meet a flight the pilots jump off and unload the bags? You think you will ever see a ramper again? I'm sure they would love for us to do their job for them but its not gonna happen with me. I'm not lazy it's just not my job. I have enough of my own duties to preform on a trun. Now if I see a family waiting on a stroller that is sitting at the bottom of the stairs will I grab it for them? Sure if I am there and see it but I'm not getting bags or working a belt loader.

Nobody here has any idea what was going on with that flight. While I've never climbed onto belt loader like a ****ing spider monkey, I've tossed bags in the pouring rain to help passengers make their connections and fellow jumpseating PILOTS make their report time.

I don't give a damn about the company or "moving up" and I especially don't give a damn about the little bitch next door with his cell phone camera. If there's an opportunity for me to help a passenger get to a birth, wedding, or funeral on time, I'm going to take it regardless of how bad flightinfo wants to "stick it to the man".

Nobody here has any idea what was going on with that flight. While I've never climbed onto belt loader like a ****ing spider monkey, I've tossed bags in the pouring rain to help passengers make their connections and fellow jumpseating PILOTS make their report time.

I don't give a damn about the company or "moving up" and I especially don't give a damn about the little bitch next door with his cell phone camera. If there's an opportunity for me to help a passenger get to a birth, wedding, or funeral on time, I'm going to take it regardless of how bad flightinfo wants to "stick it to the man".

Cheers mate! I have done the same back when I flew 121.

The guy is a total knob, and everyone who thinks this is laudable behavior is missing the entire point.

Go be Chuckles McAwwwshucks to win the crowd over and save the day in your fantasies, but understand that what he is doing can get his ass in seriously hot water. If this was me, and my CP saw this and recognized me, I'd likely be suspended and most definitely screamed at for a few minutes. It was idiotic behavior that any airline mgt worth half a damn would be appalled to witness.

Latest resources

Back