• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest pilot tool rides a belt loader

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wouldn't last through IOE at OO with that attitude. Oh now we can hear the word "kool aid" one more time from vso......

I've done all those things (except ride the belt loader) including wiping the lav floor, and before you slam me, know that I don't give a rats arse what YOU think about me!

Can someone tell me one major, or even regional where the pilots are expected to wipe lav floors, take out garbage and chuck bags? I have never been asked or expected to do any of this at the regional level.

Be a professional, but there is a line! The message I have always received from management, is to just report the problem with ground service, so they can work with the proper departments to fix it. Don't cover the problem with your already crappy pay.

Can someone tell me one major, or even regional where the pilots are expected to wipe lav floors, take out garbage and chuck bags? I have never been asked or expected to do any of this at the regional level.

Be a professional, but there is a line! The message I have always received from management, is to just report the problem with ground service, so they can work with the proper departments to fix it. Don't cover the problem with your already crappy pay.

Exactly! We're told this every time we complain about the bad Ground Handling Company. They come back and ask for proof of their employees being lazy, and until we have some, there is no problem. Doing the ramper's job just enables them to staff with less people, and then the cycle continues.

Completely unprofessional but not representative of the entire work group. Meanwhile ExpressJet pilot continue to walk the ORD, IAH terminals with their sunglasses on, their shirts unbuttoned and eating lunch in front of customers behind the gate stations.

Why was the video taken off?
Real simple. poster is an Expressjet pilot, Expressjet is owned by Skywest. Skywest most likely explained that union or not, he would be fired and have to campaign for his job back.In the meantime the Skywest pilot is being promoted to Asst. Chief Pilot SGU, special projects, "YouTube Research". He will be doing training modules,
How to Muscle Bags and Surfing Belt Loaders. He is in line for a V.P. position as soon as they can invent one, with a title more silly than "V.P. of Internal Culture"

Real simple. poster is an Expressjet pilot, Expressjet is owned by Skywest. Skywest most likely explained that union or not, he would be fired and have to campaign for his job back.In the meantime the Skywest pilot is being promoted to Asst. Chief Pilot SGU, special projects, "YouTube Research". He will be doing training modules,
How to Muscle Bags and Surfing Belt Loaders. He is in line for a V.P. position as soon as they can invent one, with a title more silly than "V.P. of Internal Culture"

Lol I bet he can check off all those titles on his vp checklist.

Completely unprofessional but not representative of the entire work group. Meanwhile ExpressJet pilot continue to walk the ORD, IAH terminals with their sunglasses on, their shirts unbuttoned and eating lunch in front of customers behind the gate stations.

Wait, what's wrong with eating lunch in front of customers behind the gate stations?

If you're going to be totally accurate, Northface jackets on. Bonus points for the rockstars in hip huggers (dudes).

I don't care either way...

I think it is fascinating why people judge the way they do.

Is it the simple fact that he was doing the ramp work?

Is it the belt loader riding that bothered you?

I am just neutral to see the video. I am not praising, I am not criticizing.

Where I work, it is very common for pilots to help with the wheelchairs. It is also common for pilots to help FAs clean the cabin. Sometimes, if I see trash laying in the boarding area, I quickly take care of that and it takes 10 seconds. I have never heard people talk negative things about these actions.
We are not expected to do these things, but we just do it.

One time, a pax threw up (unbelievable quantity) all over herself as she was getting off the airplane, and all 5 of us pilots and FAs helped with the cleaning, taking care of the pax and the rest of the paxs who needed to deplane.

Nobody gave us a trophy for the good work, but nobody criticized us either. So, I am simply curious, why do people criticize, where is the line between acceptable/unacceptable action.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back