Skywest Pilot "Creed"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now that's funny.

What's funnier is an ex-SKW guy once said, "Its hard to believe they can get people to work for an outfit where EVERYWHERE you go people hate you."

Looks like Virgin took a chapter out of the SKW playbook.

"I, state your name, do solemnly swear to marry as many women as possible, create lots of babies, and get them three social security numbers each. I further swear to register for every possible social program in triplicate while evading the authorities. So help me Moroni."

THAT is a true statement. I fixed the last part

Here it is: I am a Skywest pilot. I am not a god, though I have many God like characteristics. I will ignore those who are jealous of our success as well as those who are dumbfounded by our nonunion status. I will not brag or brawl with these ignorant souls, but rather sit back and wait for the day when their company will be run out of business or purchased by my company and they are brought into the fold.
We memorize this from day one and make it a part of every crew brief. And oh my heck we must recite it when asked or the non-alcoholic, non-caffeine beverages have to be on us.

Why do you want the "creed" so bad dude? Oh i get it, you want to wake up every morning reciting it because you didn`t pass the interview at SKW or have an upcoming interview or re-interview and want to stand up during the HR portion and start reciting it from memory :)

You have no idea.

SkyWest First Officer's Creed

No one is more professional than I. I am a First Officer - a member of the flight crew whose purpose is to keep my passengers, crew, and airplane safe.

My decisions are the difference between life and death for both my passengers and my company.

I am the master of my emotions. No one controls my mood but me.

I will conduct myself to bring credit to myself, my Company and my profession at all times.

I will not compromise my integrity or safety for any reason.

I am a leader. I am a professional. I am a First Officer.

Read it and laugh your ass off.

That is awesome...I think I will tattoo it to my forehead.

SkyWest First Officer's Creed

My decisions are the difference between life and death for both my passengers and my company.

"You wanna go right around that buildup, Cappin'?"

"No... We'll go left"

Boom. Reverse psychology. 53 lives saved.

Latest resources

Back