Skywest Pilot "Creed"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skypine69

So a little birdie told me that Skywest now has a "creed" all the pilots have to learn and recite in groundschool. 1. Is this true? and 2. If it is true, can someone post it on here?

I swear allegiance to the tabernacle of St. George, and to the dictatorship that is Skywest Airlines, Incorporated. I promise to always save as much fuel as I can when flying mainline routes between Chicago, Denver, and San Francisco unless of course it will compromise being on time. On skyway, on horizon, on mesa, on air wisconsin, great lakes, and other unnamed airlines backs we shall fly. Non-Union, potential scabs, and bottom of the barrel regional forever and ever.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA men... yes please. Giggle.

I've heard that you had to convert to LDS too, but I've been here almost 12 years and am still a heretic.

Learn and recite? I never did... but yeah, the professionalism committee did create a creed, trying to combat the norm of unprofessional behavior. There was an increase of spikey hair, backpacks, and ipods a while back, and Skywest did what they could to try to combat these lazy attitudes. What has your airline done?

Learn and recite? I never did... but yeah, the professionalism committee did create a creed, trying to combat the norm of unprofessional behavior. There was an increase of spikey hair, backpacks, and ipods a while back, and Skywest did what they could to try to combat these lazy attitudes. What has your airline done?

ALPA has had a code of ethics for decades.

Treat its pilots like professionals to begin with and pay them a respectable wage from day 1. But you go with the creed....who needs money??

Wait, I thought you worked at SkyWest? Now I am just confused.

Latest resources

Back