• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Pay Vote in Effect

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm confused. Since you are nonunion, does the Skywest pilots actually have a say in the future payraise? If not, then what's the deal with a vote? Just curious, do you have the new payscale that can be published here?
Thanks

We do because it is easier for SkyWest to deal with one voice than 2800. I actually don't understand why we vote, other than it is in our "agreement". The problem is we do not have a say in other aspects, like health care, stock purchase programs, SOP rules (which affect pay), incentive programs, travel benefits, etc. that are used by SkyWest to offset our increase in pay.

No he isn't. He is hoping for a Yes vote so he can set expectations for ASA/XJT. If we vote Yes, then that's all we get, and we've set the limit for ASA.

Sorry, but ASA always will set the limit for Skywest pilots. That is, until you are properly represented. You better pray that ASA/XJT knock it out of the park if you really want a raise. Otherwise, 1% is about all you'll get.

Hope ASA/XJT knock it out of the park?! Hilarious! I bet those 600 hour wonder f/o's at XJT that just got off furlough will have plenty of guts to swing for the warning track. I bet the memory of their job at Chili's has all but faded away.

I love these threads... The biggest idiots think they have the greatest strategies for pay scale haggling. I'm not ALPA anymore and extremely happy about it! Riding other's coat tails? Not in the slightest.

We all want bigger paychecks and better work rules, but arguing that a union is the way to do it is like claiming that share cropping is the future of farming or sub prime lending is the future of the housing market. Unions added weight to a downward trending industry. Saying ALPA is the way back to former high standards is a ridiculous argument. The naysayers who claim that negotiating "holds no water without a union" have had a harder career path than most non-union airline employees; and they did it while hitched to the union wagon. Yet they refuse (or can't) put the two together.

Either way, VOTE NO SkyWesters!! We deserve better.

I love these threads... The biggest idiots think they have the greatest strategies for pay scale haggling. I'm not ALPA anymore and extremely happy about it! Riding other's coat tails? Not in the slightest.

We all want bigger paychecks and better work rules, but arguing that a union is the way to do it is like claiming that share cropping is the future of farming or sub prime lending is the future of the housing market. Unions added weight to a downward trending industry. Saying ALPA is the way back to former high standards is a ridiculous argument. The naysayers who claim that negotiating "holds no water without a union" have had a harder career path than most non-union airline employees; and they did it while hitched to the union wagon. Yet they refuse (or can't) put the two together.

cue outtahere to put down his alpa spank mag and regurgitate his tired blather in

Hope ASA/XJT knock it out of the park?! Hilarious! I bet those 600 hour wonder f/o's at XJT that just got off furlough will have plenty of guts to swing for the warning track. I bet the memory of their job at Chili's has all but faded away.

Well, this recalled Xjet pilot is ready to "go to the mattress's" if needed. Just so you know not everyone hired at Xjet was a 600hr wonder kid. Some of us are going back with close to 6000hrs. I love your arrogance, go back and drink some more kool aid

Skywester, with all due respect, your analogies suck and are lame "self-talk!" You get what you negotiate. Be in denial, but ALPA has set the standard. You have gotten a free ride as a result of the standard. I am hitched to a Union--the Pilot's Union! My career path has benefitted from being hitched to the Union Wagon. Your career path has benefitted from hitching a free ride!

I voted yes because I think all of you NO guys are dilusional and think you actually have say. It doesn't matter what we vote. It's going to pass. What do you really expect? Jeez, we must be as arrogant as we are portrayed.

I voted yes because I think all of you NO guys are dilusional and think you actually have say. It doesn't matter what we vote. It's going to pass....

...or not pass. Either way, you are simply voting on the WAY the pay raise will be divided, not how much the collective raise will be. The company has a duty to it's shareholders. It is not going to hand out one penny more than it has to to continue this charade in an attempt to make you feel like you have some control over your destiny.

Latest resources

Back