• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Pay Proposal Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:bawling: :crying: :bawling: :crying: sorry ALPA isn't going to be your knight and shining armor anytime soon. It's not buying something. I do not want them and a lot of other people do not want them, therefore it is a paycut for at least us. Sorry the majority will probably never vote for ALPA. 30% of our pilots didn't even vote on the pay proposal. You can take comfort in the fact that we now get paid more to fly the 700/900

Ok......it's 'knight in shining armour'..........nor did I say it ever would be...................you know what they say about assumptions..........well, maybe you don't..........but I digress...........

It is buying something if you would like to have the backing of ALPA ie. legal, medical, CBA, etc.. Sort of like buying insurance for your home or car. You don't want the accident or watch your house burn down, but you insure yourself against it. Out of curiosity, did/would you willingly buy in if you were at an ALPA carrier?

You say a lot of other people don't want representation. A lot do as well, so we'll see.

You think we'll get paid more to fly the -7/900, and this pilot group probably will (unless you're based in a place like FAT.........no -7/900's, but don't expect an appreciable difference...............too many flaming hoops to jump through), but don't mistake it for a split. It ain't. It's an override, and there is a quantifiable difference. Can you see the differentiation?

AF :cool:

Ok......it's 'knight in shining armour'..........nor did I say it ever would be...................you know what they say about assumptions..........well, maybe you don't..........but I digress...........

It is buying something if you would like to have the backing of ALPA ie. legal, medical, CBA, etc.. Sort of like buying insurance for your home or car. You don't want the accident or watch your house burn down, but you insure yourself against it. Out of curiosity, did/would you willingly buy in if you were at an ALPA carrier?
AF :cool:

I don't think he will/would. I'd place bets though that he'll be on a SCAB list one day. See below:

I thank ALPA for all the things they have done however I still choose not to give them my money. That is my right. Until I am forced to I will not give them my money. Even when I am forced to I will still not join the union. Did you know that during a senority integration ALPA will not represent you? Thats right the MEC can force a merger fund at any time. You pay all those dues to alpa and they leave you flopping in the wind when merger time comes around. I sure will not put up with any extra forced assesment fees. You should ask a member of the OC about merger funds and see what they say. Any MEC can impose a merger fund any time they see fit. If you do not join the union you don't have to pay the assesments they force on the pilot group.

I hardly ever post, as I merely come here for some laughs. But I have to ask: Why are all you OO pilots that constantly moan and groan on this board still working at OO? It would seem to me that If you are so unhappy/upset with the situation you would find another job. Shouldn't be too hard, seeing as how all you do is complain about how bad the pay is. It is beyond me to think that any of you accepted a position at OO with the intent of making that your career airline. On the other hand, if you did go to OO with that intent, then you should have researched a little better. I guess what I'm saying is that if you guys put as much effort into "moving on/getting on with another airline" as you do into your constant complaining, you might have a different job by now; and something knew to complain about. Bottom line: No one is holding a gun to your head...LEAVE. But whatever you do, stop with all the complaining.

Gee. I must have missed something. I didn't realize that Skywest had a $1 BILLION dollar income last year.

Hey Ho-jets moron, look it up on page 37 of the July 2006 issue of Air Transport World... You'll see that SKYW is above UPS in net profit, read it for yourself, or have someone smarter than you read it to you!

I hardly ever post, as I merely come here for some laughs. But I have to ask: Why are all you OO pilots that constantly moan and groan on this board still working at OO? It would seem to me that If you are so unhappy/upset with the situation you would find another job. Shouldn't be too hard, seeing as how all you do is complain about how bad the pay is. It is beyond me to think that any of you accepted a position at OO with the intent of making that your career airline. On the other hand, if you did go to OO with that intent, then you should have researched a little better. I guess what I'm saying is that if you guys put as much effort into "moving on/getting on with another airline" as you do into your constant complaining, you might have a different job by now; and something knew to complain about. Bottom line: No one is holding a gun to your head...LEAVE. But whatever you do, stop with all the complaining.

First of all, maybe some of us would like to make this a better place and like where we are based. Secondly, some of us weren't hired by SKYW but our previous employer was purchased by Skyw...and last but not least, you don't have to keep reading the Skyw threads if you don't like them...LEAVE!

Hey Ho-jets moron, look it up on page 37 of the July 2006 issue of Air Transport World... You'll see that SKYW is above UPS in net profit, read it for yourself, or have someone smarter than you read it to you!

Then how can it be that I make more than 2-3 times what you make?

Why don't you bring that data to your management and try and get a raise to our level then?

UPS profit tops $1 billion
Growth outlook affirmed
By Padraic Cassidy, MarketWatch

Last Update: 4:22 PM ET Oct 19, 2006

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- United Parcel Service's third-quarter earnings rose on higher average package volume.

The Atlanta-based company's revenue rose 10.5%, reaching $11.66 billion from $10.55 billion.
Analysts polled by Thomson First Call had forecast, on average, earnings of 90 cents a share and revenue of $11.65 billion.
In addition, UPS stuck to a 2006 forecast of 11% growth in per-share earnings.
The stock rose 3.9% to finish at $75.25.
"The small package business should be strong in the fourth quarter as we expect international deliveries and the U.S. holiday shipping period to be solid," said Scott Davis, chief financial officer.
The company's third-quarter daily ground volume increased 3.6%, while average daily volume for its next-day delivery by air service rose 1.0% and deferred air volume climbed 3.4%.

First of all, maybe some of us would like to make this a better place and like where we are based. Secondly, some of us weren't hired by SKYW but our previous employer was purchased by Skyw...and last but not least, you don't have to keep reading the Skyw threads if you don't like them...LEAVE!

I can only assume you are talking about SunAire, because WestAir was not purchased by SkyWest.

Then how can it be that I make more than 2-3 times what you make?

Doubt it, I have own my own business...By the way, I used to fly freight, and flying all night wasn't really something I wanted to do for the rest of my career so I went for a gig where I could be home with the wife and kids almost every night(mostly locals).

Latest resources

Back