Skywest on time.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mookie,

Mainline does a better job period? Your experience is much different than mine. ORD ground handling has gotten a lot better, but I'll take LAX ground handling by SkyWest in a heart beat over any UAL run station. ORD or otherwise. Maybe Denver sucks--I hardly ever go there-- but ORD is really pretty pathetic and so are most of the UAL run outstations.

AWAC rampers and CSR's I spoke to before the transition refused to even apply at UAL because they actually paid less than AWAC. So I doubt the hourly wage was what caused the improved performance. More likely a little better organization. I saw more AWAC ground managers with clipboards doing absolutely nothing than I saw rampers half the time.

Most of the UAL guys I've talked to are 5-10 year employees so I'm sure they are on a higher scale and have vastly more experience with ramp ops...so yeah, I think they are better. AWAC ramp was about 90% per month turnover during the wintertime in ord.

Yes, LAX rocks, as well as our SFO guys, but this humble rj ca barely ever gets to the west coast anymore on trips so my basis of comparison is out of whack.

Mookie

Last edited:
Mookie said:
Yes, LAX rocks, as well as our SFO guys, but this humble rj ca barely ever gets to the west coast anymore on trips so my basis of comparison is out of whack.

Mookie

Shouldaneverwenttothejet....SUCKA!!!

General Leeast said:
ORD,SFO,LAX,DEN,SLC... What's your point? No delays in these citie's?

Never been to any of them, but it is hard to believe anyone can match the breathtaking incompetance and apathy displayed on the ramp at ATL C & D.

ACARs in every jet, but maybe 2-3, and AFIS (baby acars) in the EMB. The triggers were changed a few years ago to allow an ontime push, but that's about it.

Indianboy7....no doubt, but I sure do love those 5:15 a.m. show times in the east. makes me feel like a "real" pilot.:D

Mookie

Mookie said:
What I'm going to say now with probably give Genral lee a hard-on, BUT...I can't believe the difference that ORD has made now that mainline is running the ramp. I have been doing ORD the last two months, and have actually seen 10-15 of the SAME guys on the ramp everytime I go there. wanna know why??? they pay them what they are worth. On the flipside, DEN, where almost every time i've been there the guy pushing me says "sorry, dude, this is only the second time i've pushed an RJ." Mainline does a better job, period..

Mookie

SKW DEN station is a revolving door. i worked there for 53 weeks and my seniority went from 220 to 85 in that time. i still have some friends who work there and mgmt say they're trying to add about 100 people before july. don't count on many of those folks staying long, but things might get slightly better for a short period of time.

/jack

General Leeast said:
ORD,SFO,LAX,DEN,SLC... What's your point? No delays in these citie's?
Try the northeast! I bet SKYW couldn't handle a month in Philly!

It was only a matter of time until, "do they have ACARS?" and "try the northeast" came up. I almost posted it myself :D

PUKE

Latest resources

Back