Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atlcrashpad

Can't hold me down
This must not include ASA's performance. "SkyWest Airlines was named the Number One On-Time Mainland Airline in the United States by the Department of Transportation for 2005, 2004 and 2003, years in which they carried more than 40 million passengers combined. System-wide, SkyWest Airlines operates 180 Bombardier Canadair Regional Jets and was the first airline to order the CRJ in 1989. The CRJ-700 has a range of 1,685 nautical miles, a ceiling of 41,000 feet and a normal cruising speed of 515 miles per hour."

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.asp?Feed=PR&Date=20060314&ID=5575043&Symbol=US:SKYW

They better be on time, look at where they predominately fly to a from.

It's a lame ranking....who cares...the people (Delta and United) who pay our bills don't care...and I'm at skywest...

mookie

They DO care!!!

and so should you, Mookie!

United and Delta do care..... There are very nice bonuses from United and Delta for ontime performance. The better the performance, the bigger the bonus....This equals a bigger bonus for SkyWest employees......

If they do care, homer, then why do they keep assigning new flying to other carriers who bring up the bottom of the list? I hope they DO care in the future, and believe me I hustle like the next guy, but in this day and age...if people could pay $20 less, and count on being 20-30 mins late...they will. sad fact of our society. When i first got here, it was "quality quality quality...." now it's "costs costs costs...quality... but must maintain costs." that is why we have 25 minute scheduled turns in ORD on the 70 with a crew/plane swap. how on earth can we accomplish that and still maintain quality???

What I'm going to say now with probably give Genral lee a hard-on, BUT...I can't believe the difference that ORD has made now that mainline is running the ramp. I have been doing ORD the last two months, and have actually seen 10-15 of the SAME guys on the ramp everytime I go there. wanna know why??? they pay them what they are worth. On the flipside, DEN, where almost every time i've been there the guy pushing me says "sorry, dude, this is only the second time i've pushed an RJ." Mainline does a better job, period..

We've become a commodity.
it sux, but it's the new reality.

Mookie

Last edited:
Mookie,

I hear ya. I have seen the same thing from this end.

But i do know United and Delta make a big deal about it. I hear confrence calls every morning with U and Delta where the first thng brought up is ontime performance thoughout the entire system, all express carriers and mainline. Bonuses are made on these numbers.

I do agree with your statement about quality though....seems noone cares anymore.

Last edited:
homerjdispatch said:
and so should you, Mookie!

United and Delta do care..... There are very nice bonuses from United and Delta for ontime performance. The better the performance, the bigger the bonus....This equals a bigger bonus for SkyWest employees......

If it matters so much maybe you guys could quit giving us swaps that make us late so often?!!!!

What gets me is that whenever I'm on one of these STAR flights for United, I get way better treatment than a normal flight. It shouldn't make a difference if it's a STAR flight or not. But apprantly, whenever it's a STAR flight, the CS agent always comes up and asks, do you need anything? do you need anything? do you need anything? I think it's a bunch of BS. Shouldn't I get the same treatment regardless???

Latest resources

Back